What's new

Hundreds of vapes taken off pupils at Scotland's high schools

"Misfit"

Veteran
https://news.stv.tv/scotland/vaping...iscated-from-pupils-at-scotlands-high-schools
upload_2022-8-3_9-54-42.png

I realise they have to look like they are doing the 'right thing' and I really hope when they were all sitting round their table someone said " Dudes, dudes....This is actually a good thing, remember cancer and heart disease?"

But i wouldn't be surprised if it went something like this " VAPING!... Think of the children!" and out of breath and in between a smokers cough or two:rolleyes:

I realise they have to look like they are doing the 'right thing' and I really hope when they were all sitting round their table someone said " Dudes, dudes....This is actually a good thing, remember cancer and heart disease?"

But i wouldn't be surprised if it went something like this " VAPING!... Think of the children!" and out of breath and in between a smokers cough or two:rolleyes:
Gonna be a pretty quick meeting when they discuss the advertising crackdown.......its already banned.

“Research also indicates that young people experimenting with vapes are at a higher risk of using tobacco products, which is a prospect we should all want our children to avoid.”

what total bollocks. the only risk of this is yes, if they keep confiscating vapes of teenagers they will sooner or later start smoking instead like the majority of us kids did 40 years ago.
at this age kids will experiment or follow the trends. plain and simple if they were not vaping they woud be smoking.
and why do all these ruddy reports always show pictures of tanks and mods and not the blight of this world the bloody disposables. kids are using it lets ban vaping altogether.

I wonder how many of them were disposables vs actual tanks and mods? My bet would be that 99% were disposable. Vaping with Vic on YouTube was saying that some UK organisation in favour of vapes has a meeting with the government and they intend on suggesting an out right ban on disposables. The thing is, I know from what my son has told me, most of the disposables are being sold without age checks even (at meast in my town and in London) though I believe they are supposed to ask for I.D. but I don't see the government taking a moderated approach to this, its not in their nature. Will we go the way of the USA? Bloody Hope not but politicians seem to lack a brain of their own. I suppose the one positive thing is that we don't have a strong tobacco lobby like the US does.

i bet its 100% disposables the kids have confiscated. they want the smallest thing so as to be able to hide it. cant see someone carrying mod,tank,juice around.
new meaning to the old saying, filling up your tank behind the bike shed.

Gonna be a pretty quick meeting when they discuss the advertising crackdown.......its already banned.

it’s actually not, i had thought this too and then i saw 88 vape adverts on a billboard and the side of a bus. i think it’s only certain types of ads that are banned, and maybe restrictions on pictures and stuff.

This is the issue though

we have always "UP TO NOW" been able to use the "nope the research says its NOT a gateway .. and kids dont use them.

Purely 100% because of disposables .. that is no longer true ... they are and do use them." provable rhetoric

We do not have that argument anymore. That has been taken away from us (imo through greed)

because the industry is self destructive and the minds higher up the food chain making the decisions on what is best to sell appear to be idiots.

I have said it before - I will say it again - in my opinion there should be no place in this industry for disposable vapes.

the arguments about getting ppl off fags are an excuse - pod systems did that perfectly well.

The negatives far outweigh any positives

This is the issue though

we have always "UP TO NOW" been able to use the "nope the research says its NOT a gateway .. and kids dont use them.

Purely 100% because of disposables .. that is no longer true ... they are and do use them." provable rhetoric

We do not have that argument anymore. That has been taken away from us (imo through greed)

because the industry is self destructive and the minds higher up the food chain making the decisions on what is best to sell appear to be idiots.

I have said it before - I will say it again - in my opinion there should be no place in this industry for disposable vapes.

the arguments about getting ppl off fags are an excuse - pod systems did that perfectly well.

The negatives far outweigh any positives

New vapers that never smoked used to be really rare..... people used to react like 'huh, why are you vaping then?'

I read the other day that it's over 70% now of new vapers (mostly kids/young people) have never been regular smokers. It's nothing to do with getting off fags anymore and in a few years it's going to be about getting rid of a high level nic salt addiction.

it’s actually not, i had thought this too and then i saw 88 vape adverts on a billboard and the side of a bus. i think it’s only certain types of ads that are banned, and maybe restrictions on pictures and stuff.
I'm guessing then it's only mainstream advertising that's banned. Now you mention it I've seen them adverts.

Back
Top Bottom