What's new

Hundreds of vapes taken off pupils at Scotland's high schools

This is the issue though

we have always "UP TO NOW" been able to use the "nope the research says its NOT a gateway .. and kids dont use them.

Purely 100% because of disposables .. that is no longer true ... they are and do use them." provable rhetoric

We do not have that argument anymore. That has been taken away from us (imo through greed)

because the industry is self destructive and the minds higher up the food chain making the decisions on what is best to sell appear to be idiots.

I have said it before - I will say it again - in my opinion there should be no place in this industry for disposable vapes.

the arguments about getting ppl off fags are an excuse - pod systems did that perfectly well.

The negatives far outweigh any positives
I agree with you about disposables but I do struggle with why it is seen as wrong for someone to vape when they dont smoke. Why should vaping only be for people wanting to quit cigarettes. I've said this many times, young people will always try to emulate grown ups, be it smoke, vape, drink and drugs etc.

I dont see any issues that someone whose never smoked wants to try vaping.

I agree with you about disposables but I do struggle with why it is seen as wrong for someone to vape when they dont smoke. Why should vaping only be for people wanting to quit cigarettes. I've said this many times, young people will always try to emulate grown ups, be it smoke, vape, drink and drugs etc.

you need to think about it pragmatically, it opens the door for the gateway argument. also simply from a common sense point of view, many of these youngsters wouldn’t be smoking fags. it’s obvious, surely? vapes should be seen as a tool for people to stop smoking, anything else will risk leading to a bad end.

you need to think about it pragmatically, it opens the door for the gateway argument. also simply from a common sense point of view, many of these youngsters wouldn’t be smoking fags. it’s obvious, surely? vapes should be seen as a tool for people to stop smoking, anything else will risk leading to a bad end.
I disagree.

Most youngsters will try smoking because it's a grown up thing to do and because they are not allowed to do it. It's far far far far far better they vape than smoke.

I disagree.

Most youngsters will try smoking because it's a grown up thing to do and because they are not allowed to do it. It's far far far far far better they vape than smoke.

maybe the case when you were a youngster but why do you think youngsters these days are buying disposable vapes and not fags? most grown ups don’t smoke. most grown ups don’t vape either, but teenage influencers are advertising them on instagram and tiktok. that may be why.

I dont see it as an issue either

my issue is with disposable vapes - not never smokers vaping.

........... they're NOT allowed to do it if under 18 though?

this has never been a problem with any other things that are prohibited for under whatevers. i used to go in a shop and buy bottles of cheap vodka and fags when i was 14, for example. :)

maybe the case when you were a youngster but why do you think youngsters these days are buying disposable vapes and not fags? most grown ups don’t smoke. most grown ups don’t vape either, but teenage influencers are advertising them on instagram and tiktok. that may be why.
They buy them cause they are cheaper than fags I guess. From memory, something like 5 million in this country smoke and 3 million vape. I wouldn't consider those figure as most dont.

I see this as an argument against disposables with I understand. If disposables were banned then non smokers would use the next best thing, a pod.

They buy them cause they are cheaper than fags I guess. From memory, something like 5 million in this country smoke and 3 million vape. I wouldn't consider those figure as most dont.

I see this as an argument against disposables with I understand. If disposables were banned then non smokers would use the next best thing, a pod.

i don’t think that’s why they buy them. partly because teenagers aren’t really advertising fags to them on social media.

Back
Top Bottom