What's new

Elfbar drops sweet flavours over appeal to kids

Those making illegal sales to those under 18 are very likely to already sell fags and booze too so they'll be registered for that so I'm not sure it would make that much difference but as ever politicians just seem to be of the mind let's pass some legislation and we're sorted.

that might be because it’s adults you are selling them to, which kind of supports the argument.
edit: the argument about sweetie flavours, not necessary the argument about licensing.
I basically see all the disposable flavours as sweetie flavours.. they're all very sweet...
(maybe the odd exception, I'm only going by what I have tried.. the odd puff on a very sweet thing, all with at least a bit of ice... nasty IMO)

love it, people selling things they think are nasty......

ta ta credability

ta ta credability

upload_2023-11-30_12-38-13.gif

Those making illegal sales to those under 18 are very likely to already sell fags and booze too so they'll be registered for that so I'm not sure it would make that much difference but as ever politicians just seem to be of the mind let's pass some legislation and we're sorted.

Where I live there are A LOT of mobile phone repair shops who sell to those underaged, although I have seen kids hanging around corner stores and the like asking older people to buy them.

ta ta credability
Yes, I think the flavours are nasty.. not my cup of tea at all...
.. and disposables are a format that I don't like (waste of resources etc)...
.. but the credibility is in the form of selling a tobacco harm reduction tool, that other people do like, and choose to use.

this could apply to selling the disposables in the first place to be fair. it’s very few who have taken a principled stand.

In terms of disposables on their own you're right. To me, it's more about the wider issue of ElfBar's self protectionist tactics and the damage to the rest of the vape industry with their licensing idea. It just smacks of a complete lack of caring about any other vape companies or of vapers in general.

FWIW, our sales of disposables have been on the decline for a while now...

I see that for 2 main reasons -
People realise that they are not cost effective (for some this takes a while for some reason), and so go back (or start using reusables).
And they are available on every street corner.

Back
Top Bottom