What's new

Elfbar drops sweet flavours over appeal to kids

Toby iVapour

Vendor
Top vape firm axes sweet flavours over kids appeal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67570973
The UK's leading vape brand Elfbar and its sister brand Lost Mary say they will drop dessert and soft drink flavours, which have been criticised for appealing to children.
Elfbar called for a new licencing regime similar to ones for cigarettes and alcohol.

Elfbar and Lost Mary make up more than half of the UK's disposable vape sales, according to data firm NielsenIQ.
Elfbar has already dropped Bubble Gum, Cotton Candy, and Rainbow Candy flavours, with more expected to follow. Gummy Bear has been renamed Gummy, but even that will soon be dropped.
Interesting to note that for us, candy, soft drink, and dessert flavours have not sold nearly as well in disposables than the fruit flavours...

I presume that this is simply some of effort at appeasement to the authorities...

Interesting that they're another company calling for a licensing scheme. Presumably as an alternative to a full ban on disposables. A licensing scheme would likely be applied to every vape company and be damaging to the whole industry.

^ very true. I'm done with caring. Ravaged the industry, cheapened the market, and made vaping more hated. Crap sticks.

And now everyone sells them. Bottom line and all that

I used to work for the largest PI firm in the UK (none of them were very big tbf). My client was always pushing for increased regulation / licensing because the cost, and admin cost, of compliance can be prohibitive to smaller firms. It significantly raises barriers to entry and allows bigger players to dominate a market and restrict competition.

That's why elfbar want it.

Interesting to note that for us, candy, soft drink, and dessert flavours have not sold nearly as well in disposables than the fruit flavours...

that might be because it’s adults you are selling them to, which kind of supports the argument.

edit: the argument about sweetie flavours, not necessary the argument about licensing.

I used to work for the largest PI firm in the UK (none of them were very big tbf). My client was always pushing for increased regulation / licensing because the cost, and admin cost, of compliance can be prohibitive to smaller firms. It significantly raises barriers to entry and allows bigger players to dominate a market and restrict competition.

That's why elfbar want it.

Spot on. Naked self interest and couldn't care less about the rest of the industry. Any time I ever get asked to recommend a device to a new vaper I'd certainly rule them out in future.

Back
Top Bottom