What's new

Elfbar drops sweet flavours over appeal to kids

I fully agree fella, my point is that (and you know) when people mention they are concerned for the industry as a whole (which gets mentioned a lot) in these threads...then be concerned for the industry as a whole support the OG's cos without them there are no clones and stop sticking 10$ clones in your basket....anyhoo I know you know this, just making a point of order:)

i don’t think i said that i personally care about the industry. but what i do think would be shit is if vaping ends up fucked with restrictions, taxes etc. that are applied in a blanket way. the effect of disposables is an existential threat to vaping as a thing. cheap tenner chinese clones were never going to attract teenagers or end up having bin fires in dumps and batteries in landfill. so i think you are comparing two incomparable things, tbh. besides, i think you bought a dvarw recently from the chap that makes them, and i see there was a new kayfun out not so long ago :)

i don’t think i said that i personally care about the industry. but what i do think would be shit is if vaping ends up fucked with restrictions, taxes etc. that are applied in a blanket way. the effect of disposables is an existential threat to vaping as a thing. cheap tenner chinese clones were never going to attract teenagers or end up having bin fires in dumps and batteries in landfill. so i think you are comparing two incomparable things, tbh. besides, i think you bought a dvarw recently from the chap that makes them, and i see there was a new kayfun out not so long ago :)

Not aimed at anyone in particular...fine to stick with the reasons re disposables you and ZT mention, however as I said it often gets mentioned along with the whole industry will suffer, this is where I draw a parallel
Don't do Kayfuns.

Not aimed at anyone in particular...fine to stick with the reasons re disposables you and ZT mention, however as I said it often gets mentioned along with the whole industry will suffer, this is where I draw a parallel
Don't do Kayfuns.
Dont blame ya - they are a straw and a dry hit all in one neat little package! Mind tbh i get that with the dawrv as well! Never could wick one!
The kayfun 3.1 i could get to work well and vaped well

which one was the massively over engineered monstrosity with 7000000 pieces ? That when you did get it together was rubbish ?
I gave in then

Last edited:
Judging by the knee-jerk (and corrupt) reaction to vaping globally, I think it was probably on the cards at some point anyway...

And in the UK, we have been living with some kind of threat towards vaping since 2010 (there was a grassroots vaper campaign against the MHRA’s first attempt to medicalise and ban vaping in 2010), so pretty much since the beginning.

Or more simply, the - The cultivation of tactical moral panics through fears about childrencase study ‘Juuling’
https://clivebates.com/ten-perverse...-the-sophistry-of-anti-vaping-activists/#s4.5
(from Clive Bates in 2018, about Juul craze in the US, but the principle is still the same)

MTF12thGradeSmokingTrend-e1522757839608.png
Maybe on the cards - depends who is in power i think.

tbh the tories had far more to worry about

they were leaving vaping largely alone - until all this youth vaping and disposable waste outcry.

there is no denying they have most defo had a negative impact on how the industry is viewed by the general populace and powers that be.
As it was always obviously going to do.

like a huge great industry self destruct button

:)
Dont blame ya - they are a straw and a dry it all in one neat little package! Mind tbh i get that with the dawrv as well! Never could wick one!
The kayfun 3.1 i could get to work well and vaped well

which one was the massively over engineered monstrosity with 7000000 pieces ? That when you did get it together was rubbish ?
I gave in then

That was the V4, my one and only Kayfun, never forgave them for that nonsense and never will...they are dead to me:)
I've just recently got the Dvraw fkin loving it....it's a funny old game:)

Edit: maybe I did have one of the earlier Kayfuns a wee 16 or 18mm rings a bell, if I did I got shot of that shit to

Last edited:
very interesting reading these posts

I was all against disposables in the beginning and I'm not still over the moon about them but I will say what I have said before

china the biggest smoking nation in the world with the most deaths and one of the heaviest in banning vaping by lots of above and below-board tactics have, in fact, cured the problem with cigarettes.

but this has led to environmental problems, the streets are covered in them, fires which happen all the time in recycling factories because of them it's in the news all the time, in fact, last night the streets were covered by gummy bears......wait...ok.....I'm exaggerating but the press screams this all the time, but one thing is for sure if a 40-year smoker quits smoking 20 fags a day with a disposable that's a life saved there is a place for them but kids have picked them up, is banning them a great idea or just throwing the book at the people who sell them to kids reducing the market more fines more control a better one.

every ban done in the Western world has not solved any problem, kids and adults still do drugs, shoot, stab each other daily, more waste from mobiles and normal batteries you get in Poundland are thrown away every day, in every supermarket in every town food is still wrapped in plastic flown in from all over the world using oil which is running out so we can eat strawberries in January and people still kick-off when they can't get them.

in short the disposable is a good and a bad idea but the start of a ban will lead to more bans, then more bans and every corner shop will still sell them and fags legally or illegally.

edit

rereading this above I have omitted one thing if 12 thousand people have filled out the biased consultation form by the government and there are @ 3.6 million people who vape in the country that works out to 3.3% thats if, all those people who filled out the form out are vape users......3.3% voicing their concerns...pitiful

Last edited:
:)

That was the V4, my one and only Kayfun, never forgave them for that nonsense and never will...they are dead to me:)
I've just recently got the Dvraw fkin loving it....it's a funny old game:)

Edit: maybe I did have one of the earlier Kayfuns a wee 16 or 18mm rings a bell, if I did I got shot of that shit to
Jesus that v4 was a ball ache if nonsense.
I do really get on with the lites (I prefer the pre airflow pin update) seem to wick with zero issues and vape just fine but the dvarws are very good too.
I retired them early when the wicking advice was an a style as it wasn't overly robust but since I've wicked them like the kayfuns they've been spot on.

Back
Top Bottom