What's new

3D Printed Volt meter housings - any interest?

peps1

Postman
Been talking to a guy in the US of A who is happy to ship a bunch of Volt meter housings 0.28" & 0.36" Just wondered if there was any interest from other builders here? (got 10 of the .38" being shipped to test quality).

They work out at about £1 each shipped.

(He is also going to do some DNA20/30 screen bezels too)

$_57.jpg
$_12.JPG

(posting this here rather then the group buy section as I' just seeing if anyone would be interested)

Yes, great idea for the novice MOD builder like myself. Hides any imperfections in the window I cut in my box for the volt meter. Great choice of colours too.

Anymore details on these?

Just waiting for some sample to come though form the guy, then will post more photos and how they look installed in a box

Yes, great idea for the novice MOD builder like myself. Hides any imperfections in the window I cut in my box for the volt meter. Great choice of colours too.

Yep, they hide all sorts of ugly Dermal cuts! :D

Got some black, white and pink on the way to see what they are like, and some DNA screen housings too.

If they are any good think I will grab a whole bunch from the guy, is going to be much cheaper then getting them from shapeways.com

shapeways.com = €5.08 + €10.60 shipping for these 3D printed parts.
These one sould be around £1-£3 depending on shipping options. (if there is enough interest in a bulk buy).

I would be interested, not in large numbers though I'm afraid. If they seem good, you could put me down for five (one seems a bit ridiculous, and I'm sure I'd eventually get round to using at least two or three.)

I would be interested, not in large numbers though I'm afraid. If they seem good, you could put me down for five (one seems a bit ridiculous, and I'm sure I'd eventually get round to using at least two or three.)

Was thinking if there is demand of 20+ it would be worth while

To tell the truth I'm going to order 10+ myself if they are any good, not going to make any money on them, just want to help make them available to people in the UK as I was shocked at the prospect of paying over £10 for one!) so expecting a few people wanting one or two rather anyone wanting a shit ton.

And see what colours people would want.

Yeah seems a good idea never really used it I've always just put epoxy or body filler to hide nasty cuts lol id be interested would probably have like 10 or something (bit of a hoarder ) always useful for those impulse mods ;)

Got the Volt meter and DNA20/30 screen housing through in the post, will post photos tonight and post, then can work out what want what and what colours and get them made!

I'm sure I'll be up for a couple of certain ones like DNA 30, volt meter, and I have some vamo chips they might I've even got an istick 20 chip on order. So depending on sizes and prices I'm in. Only black for me though.

I'm sure I'll be up for a couple of certain ones like DNA 30, volt meter, and I have some vamo chips they might I've even got an istick 20 chip on order. So depending on sizes and prices I'm in. Only black for me though.

bigd where did you order the istick chip mate

Back
Top Bottom