What's new

A farewell to my mum

So sorry for your loss of your Mum. That mod is a fitting tribute and it's too nice to only pull out once a year.

it was a pleasure to make it for you I've done quite a few mods that mean something more than just a mod or just a box, bag, ring, necklace, etc for me as a maker it was made from two jugs of clear liquid, and a image in my mind.

Just heard this mate sorry for the loss of your Mum the mod looks lovely and the engraving on the plate is a nice tribute to remember your Mum.

When the design was done she asked me to invert it, a bit miffed at this point I said OK, all the while thinking the cheeky fucker just watched me draw it completely before saying she wanted it the other way around.
Mine would have done something * exactly * like that.

She sounds like a brave old girl, and a very cool mum, and it sounds like you're lucky enough to have lots of good memories of her :thumbup:

Another personal favorite memory of my dear mother:

Prefix, my mother was obsessed with drinking tea, Yorkshire born and bred she would never have an empty cup.

About 5 years ago I arrive at her place, I was there to make us lunch, it was a regular few times a week thing.
I walk in and say hello, see that she has a 3/4 full cup of tea sitting on the table next to her.
So I head into the kitchen to make myself a coffee, fill the kettle, get my cup out and proceed to make a coffee.
I step to the side to grab the milk out of the fridge and my mum from the other room spots there is only one cup....
Unknowing I continue About my business, when from the living room with the accuracy of a veteran sniper a purple slipper soars into the kitchen and bounces off the back of my head.

Without turning I say "I'm sorry mum would you like a cup of tea"

She replies "OK love if you're offering, oh and could you pass me my slipper I dropped it"

A cherry on top of this memory.

A year ago when confronted with this exact story verbatim ( I tell it a lot)
This is what she had to say..

"Ohh you lying little bastard, the cup was only a quarter full and cold"

So sorry to hear about your Mum, may she rest in peace and live on in your heart.
The mod is a thing of beauty.

im sorry for the loss of your mother, but what a fitting tribute the mod is to your mum.

Back
Top Bottom