What's new

A farewell to my mum

Good morning everyone.

As some of you know my mother passed away a few weeks ago.
It's been a big struggle for me as I've always suffered with my mental health and loosing someone so close is nothing short of devastating.

I'd like to thank the members of the green and orange rooms for their support in this difficult time particularly @PhilBox, @dovpo_uk, @hack400 @Banjostring @Chris K, @gary68 and @SkyBlueJ. Without your support, distraction and amazingly the occasional laugh I wouldn't have made it this far.

It might seem silly to some but one of the things My mother and I bonded over in recent years was vaping, I helped her to quit, bought her mods, tanks and pod systems that eventually enabled her to quit a 40 year 40-a-day habit.
For our birthdays in March, I had thought of having a bespoke mod made for her in our shared favorite colour purple to celebrate her 3 years smoke free.

Now that she's gone I decided that a fitting memorial to her would be to have a mod made and use it every march.
To celebrate not only our birthdays but her life and everything she did for me.

I contacted stu @vapesmarter and within weeks the project was complete and here it is.
View attachment 308707 View attachment 308708 View attachment 308709
It's such a beautiful mod and stu did amazing work as always.View attachment 308723
The butterfly design for the faceplate is taken from a tattoo that I designed and tattooed on my mother's leg a couple years ago.

View attachment 308724 View attachment 308725 View attachment 308727
Sorry to hear of your loss mate.
The mod is awesome!
Take care.

I'm sorry for your loss mate. :grouphug:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you loss, I lost my Dad, my Brother and one of my best friends and the one I am fearing the most is my Mum :(

After putting it off all day I finally accepted March is here.

When I ordered the @vapesmarter 'parry' mod it was always my intention to use it for the month of march since both my birthday and my mothers were at the start and end respectively.
And the rest of the year it'll sit pride of place on display as a memorial.

20230301_151854.jpg

The atty I'm using is the pioneer I bought for my mother (which she later gave back in exchange for a pioneer s)

20230301_151844.jpg

I wanted to share again how pleased I am with the mod and I hope you don't mind stu but I've decided to rename it 'memoria'

Thanks to everyone for your supportive messages, I'm still trying to get back to normal and I couldn't have gotten this far without everyone's help.

After putting it off all day I finally accepted March is here.

When I ordered the @vapesmarter 'parry' mod it was always my intention to use it for the month of march since both my birthday and my mothers were at the start and end respectively.
And the rest of the year it'll sit pride of place on display as a memorial.

View attachment 311190

The atty I'm using is the pioneer I bought for my mother (which she later gave back in exchange for a pioneer s)

View attachment 311192

I wanted to share again how pleased I am with the mod and I hope you don't mind stu but I've decided to rename it 'memoria'

Thanks to everyone for your supportive messages, I'm still trying to get back to normal and I couldn't have gotten this far without everyone's help.

Great set up mate. Any further support you need just ask.

Back
Top Bottom