What's new

A farewell to my mum

P

Phrasing

Good morning everyone.

As some of you know my mother passed away a few weeks ago.
It's been a big struggle for me as I've always suffered with my mental health and loosing someone so close is nothing short of devastating.

I'd like to thank the members of the green and orange rooms for their support in this difficult time particularly @PhilBox, @dovpo_uk, @hack400 @Banjostring @Chris K, @gary68 and @SkyBlueJ. Without your support, distraction and amazingly the occasional laugh I wouldn't have made it this far.

It might seem silly to some but one of the things My mother and I bonded over in recent years was vaping, I helped her to quit, bought her mods, tanks and pod systems that eventually enabled her to quit a 40 year 40-a-day habit.
For our birthdays in March, I had thought of having a bespoke mod made for her in our shared favorite colour purple to celebrate her 3 years smoke free.

Now that she's gone I decided that a fitting memorial to her would be to have a mod made and use it every march.
To celebrate not only our birthdays but her life and everything she did for me.

I contacted stu @vapesmarter and within weeks the project was complete and here it is.
20230209_093808.jpg
20230209_093825.jpg
20230209_093838.jpg

It's such a beautiful mod and stu did amazing work as always.
Project 202301281459.png

The butterfly design for the faceplate is taken from a tattoo that I designed and tattooed on my mother's leg a couple years ago.

imageIMG_0593.jpg
imageIMG_0589.jpg
imageIMG_0592.jpg

Attachments

• imageIMG_0590.jpg
    imageIMG_0590.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
That's a realy nice mod and the butterfly design looks nice. I lost my mum nearly five yrs ago and she also liked butterfly's so understand the design you had done on it rip to all mums we have lost

A fitting memorial indeed, I hope that when you take it out and vape it each March, the happy memories and good times you shared together come flooding back and bring you some peace.

I`m so sorry for your loss. keep well.

@Phrasing, you have my sincerest condolences at this saddest of times, I've been thinking about you and wondering how you're doing since I know you struggle with your mental heath too.

The mod is a wonderful, and beautiful, tribute to your mother and I'm sure she was so proud of you and it's as beautiful as she was.

She made a remarkable contribution to the world by giving us such a fantastic man like you and she couldn't have done a better job.

We're all here for you if you need us, and feel free to PM me at any time if you need to talk, emote or just need some company. I'm always here for you my dear friend, no matter what.

The day is cold, and dark, and dreary;
It rains, and the wind is never weary;
The vine still clings to the mouldering wall,
But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
And the day is dark and dreary.

My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
My thoughts still cling to the mouldering past,
But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast,
And the days are dark and dreary.

Be still, sad heart, and cease repining;
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
Thy fate is the common fate of all,
Into each life some rain must fall,
Some days must be dark and dreary.

The day is cold, and dark, and dreary;
The vine still clings to the mouldering wall,
But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
And the day is dark and dreary.

My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
My thoughts still cling to the mouldering past,
But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast,
And the days are dark and dreary.

Be still, sad heart, and cease repining;
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
Thy fate is the common fate of all,
Into each life some rain must fall,
Some days must be dark and dreary.
- Henry Longfellow

Thanks John that's a really nice verse, I'm familiar with it because collecting old poetry books is another lame hobby of mine.

Yup, it's important to remember that behind the clouds, the sun is still there :)

Back
Top Bottom