What's new

Advice on suppliers

Lets just say, I haven't been near them since and leave it at that. Drakes are reliable.

Not used them since they "closed down" in a blatant attempt to milk the community...
i knew there was a reason why they got removed but just couldnt remember this.
taking of my list again.

Hi guys, I've justed received a shortfill Virginia from Drakes looking forward to trying, which way do you think is best to order them shortfill/longfill or concentrate?
Tried a number of flavours from BCL quite a while back but I didn't care for any of them and imo they use artificial flavourings. You'll be much better off with Drakes or La Tabaccheria, the latter are in general more full bodied.

I use Drake's and BCL. Probably slightly prefer Drake's.
I have had a couple of minor issues with orders / discounts at BCL - but always sorted out OK. (I had placed an order and then virtually immediately afterwards they released a discount code. I emailed and they applied the code to my order).

Hi guys, I've justed received a shortfill Virginia from Drakes looking forward to trying, which way do you think is best to order them shortfill/longfill or concentrate?

Depends. The shortfill means you can only add a single 10ml nic shot so you end up with 3mg, the longfill means you can add up to four 10ml nic shots so up to 12mg. Concentrate means you mix your own juice at whatever nic and flavour strength you want plus it's way cheaper.

I use their concentrate.

Always concentrates for me, with the likelihood being I don't get around to mixing it for months and I have gallons of VG/PG already. Also my freezer is awash with nic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends. The shortfill means you can only add a single 10ml nic shot so you end up with 3mg, the longfill means you can add up to four 10ml nic shots so up to 12mg. Concentrate means you mix your own juice at whatever nic and flavour strength you want plus it's way cheaper.

I use their concentrate.
I was thinking of getting some 72mg/100ml nic salt, got a few 50mls of other brands/flavours and they're all at 0mg, I don't want to dilute them too much

Always concentrates for me, with the likelihood being I don't get around to mixing it for months and I have gallons of VG/PG already. Also my freezer is awash with nic.
I'm looking into DIY at the moment, I'm a relative newbie, just starting to go down the rabbit hole

I was thinking of getting some 72mg/100ml nic salt, got a few 50mls of other brands/flavours and they're all at 0mg, I don't want to dilute them too much

Drakes suggest a 20-30% ratio for their concentrate flavours, I don't know what ratio they use in their short and longfills but it's reasonable to assume they allow for the addition of nic shots so it is within that range.

I'm looking into DIY at the moment, I'm a relative newbie, just starting to go down the rabbit hole

Are you buying the mixed liquids from BCL or concentrate? I've had a few orders from them, never had a problem. They came premixed with nicotine which is good as I didn't think you could sell 50ml with nic in it. Really liked their coconut cream ry4 but most of what I bought was a bit lacking and cheap tasting. Some dark tobaccos taste of nothing. Definitely hit and miss I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom