What's new

Advice please!!!!

Kelibrox55

Initiate
I posted yesterday about buying the voopoo argus, I'm really not happy with it. I'm desperately searching for a vape that will give a strong throat hit and I can't seem to find it. I use 50/50 oil 18mg unfortunately I can't go any higher as it causes headaches and dizziness. I'm used to the thin mouthpiece on the aspire and can't seem to take to the other shapes. So PLEASE if anyone can help me find a kit with the throat hit I'm desperately looking for id be extremely grateful

Throat hit isn't just about the device you use. The coils, liquid ratio, nicotine strength, wattage and airflow all contribute to it.

I'd recommend you get a pod kit with adjustable wattage, adjustable airflow and make sure it can take lower resistance coils like 0.7 or 0.6ohms, maybe even lower. You could try one of the vaporesso luxe kits, they have reasonably thin mouthpieces as well.

Not sure which argus you got? Theres lots of them.
I get a decent throat hit from 70PG 18mg freebase RY4 Atom. I have got used to it though as it's a daily vape.

Throat hit isn't just about the device you use. The coils, liquid ratio, nicotine strength, wattage and airflow all contribute to it.

I'd recommend you get a pod kit with adjustable wattage, adjustable airflow and make sure it can take lower resistance coils like 0.7 or 0.6ohms, maybe even lower. You could try one of the vaporesso luxe kits, they have reasonably thin mouthpieces as well.
Before I got this message I purchased the innokin coolfire z60, the coils come in 0.3 and 0.6. Even though I've been vaping for nearly 20 years I've only ever used a pen style, ive been using the tigon for as long as I can remember, so I haven't got a clue about what wattage to use. I can only use 50/50 oil 18mg as anything higher just gives me headaches and dizziness

@Kelibrox55
Don't get hung up on "what wattage is right"

Set it at 12 or so and take a toot ....then keep upping it till it feels right for you .

We're all different

Before I got this message I purchased the innokin coolfire z60, the coils come in 0.3 and 0.6. Even though I've been vaping for nearly 20 years I've only ever used a pen style, ive been using the tigon for as long as I can remember, so I haven't got a clue about what wattage to use. I can only use 50/50 oil 18mg as anything higher just gives me headaches and dizziness
Ive not got this kit so a quick search: https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-kits/innokin/innokin-coolfire-z60-vape-kit

are these the coils you have https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-coils/innokin/zenith
  • 0.3 Ohm Innokin Z Coil: 30-40W, 70% VG e-liquid for RDTL vaping
  • 0.48 Ohm Innokin Z Plex3D Mesh Coil: 12-16W, 50% VG e-liquid for MTL vaping
  • 0.5 Ohm Innokin Z Plexus Mesh Coil: 12-16W, 50% VG e-liquid for MTL vaping
  • 0.6 Ohm Innokin Z DuoPrime Mesh Coil: 9-13W, 50% VG e-liquid for MTL vaping
  • 0.8 Ohm Innokin Z Coil: 14-17W, 50% VG e-liquid for MTL vaping
  • 1.0 Ohm Innokin Z Coil: 20-25W, 50-60% VG e-liquid for RDTL vaping
  • 1.2 Ohm Innokin Z Coil: 10-14W, 50% VG e-liquid for MTL vaping
  • 1.6 Ohm Innokin Z Coil: 10-14W, 50% VG e-liquid for MTL vaping
the 0.3 coil is a restricted direct to lung so no good to you as it needs 70vg and lower nicotine and higher wattage

the 0.6 is what you need. it is a mouth to lung coil that uses 50vg/50pg and lower wattage 9-13watts.
the 1.2 or 1.6ohm coils might suit you better.
each coil should have a wattage range on the side of the coil.
always start low. so put coil in fill up juice then start at 5watts (usually around half of what you want to vape at).
you wont get any taste or cloud but the coil is still heating up and bedding in the cotton. turn up 1 watt every few puffs until you reach your sweet spot. just cos it says 9-13w doesnt mean you have to vape at that its just a guide. i use 90watt coils but only vape at 35-50watt.
see how you get on with that.

@Kelibrox55
Don't get hung up on "what wattage is right"

Set it at 12 or so and take a toot ....then keep upping it till it feels right for you .

We're all different
So far I've gone up to 15w and I'm still not getting any throat hit, it's just making me dizzy.

So far I've gone up to 15w and I'm still not getting any throat hit, it's just making me dizzy.
is that using the 0.3 coil as that needs higher wattage as i posted above 30-40w which is not what you are after. you need the lower wattage coils which will have a tigher draw and lower wattage.

No it's the 0.6 , it's driving me mad now , the amount of devices I've bought and had to sell, all I want is a decent throat hit 😒

Back
Top Bottom