What's new

Airflow reduction using mesh

Mohamed

Initiate
Hello,

I want to roll up some mesh and insert it into the airflow opening under the coil as I have read people mention it in some forum post here to reduce the airflow, can't find the posts and an online search comes back with mesh RTA's (not my style). Can anyone who does this give me some information about things to take care of and/or some tips and tricks.

Thanks

I used to do this all the time when Carol was using Rose 3s. Reducing the air improved them considerably....... just as @ZT. He used Kayfun inserts I seem to recall?
The trick is simple. Make sure your mesh is cut sort enough NOT to impede airflow from the Main shaft, then cut enough to start rolling until you have the required draw within the base. Job done!

I used to do this all the time when Carol was using Rose 3s. Reducing the air improved them considerably....... just as @ZT. He used Kayfun inserts I seem to recall?
The trick is simple. Make sure your mesh is cut sort enough NOT to impede airflow from the Main shaft, then cut enough to start rolling until you have the required draw within the base. Job done!
Yep!

does the mesh move inside the chimney or is it a set it and forget it type of thing?

I don't think they're describing insertion into the chimney, more into the side air hole, perhaps you might mention the specific atty so we can help further.

Sorry not the chimney, bad wording on my part. The airflow under the coil. A couple of atomizers actually, old ones that I don't use anymore since I've been using the Dvarw exclusively for the past year, atties like skyline (doesn't have a reducer up to 1.2mm), berserker v1 mini

I'd consider the Skyline more RDTL so I doubt any tinkering is gonna tighten that one up. Surprised you said the Berserker as I find it tight even on the 2nd smallest afc hole. No doubt others will be along presently to chip in.

Sorry not the chimney, bad wording on my part. The airflow under the coil. A couple of atomizers actually, old ones that I don't use anymore since I've been using the Dvarw exclusively for the past year, atties like skyline (doesn't have a reducer up to 1.2mm), berserker v1 mini

It doesn’t move about in my experience, once you’ve rolled the mesh and inserted it it unrolls a bit, or springs out, and sits nice and tight.

It will only really work with atties with a round airflow that’s long enough to accommodate a few mm’s of mesh. For example it’s likely not to be any use for a skyline without an insert.

Back
Top Bottom