What's new

Ambition Mods Ripley RDTA

aye but the rta version of this is a gravity fed thing as far as i understand it. which is similarly easy to wick. so if the deck is the same, and the airflow system is the same, it would seem the only difference is one has liquid fed by gravity from above and the other has liquid fed by capillary action through special tubes from below.

True. But as the tank on this type of RDTA is under the deck it is impossible for it to dump the contents all over the mod as long as it is assembled correctly with intact o-rings - some people have difficulty wicking RTAs and find them intimidating regardless of how simple they are. Some may prefer the aesthetics of RDTAs - but they don't do anything for me personally.

Neither make me feel like breaking out my wallet, but out of the two I'd go for the RTA version every time.

aye but the rta version of this is a gravity fed thing as far as i understand it. which is similarly easy to wick. so if the deck is the same, and the airflow system is the same, it would seem the only difference is one has liquid fed by gravity from above and the other has liquid fed by capillary action through special tubes from below.
By the looks of it I don't think the airflow system is the same - the pins on the RDTA look like they just plug holes in the side of the chamber, none of the channels directing the air to the coil from the top that were part of the RTA design?

By the looks of it I don't think the airflow system is the same - the pins on the RDTA look like they just plug holes in the side of the chamber, none of the channels directing the air to the coil from the top that were part of the RTA design?

ah ok, i don’t have one, so maybe misunderstood how it works. but it just looks from the picture like the air is channeled straight from the two screws into the gap between the bits where the cotton sits (where the coil is)?

i was actually interested by this tank, because i did like the scylla and the wicking/liquid flow looks similar. scylla’s airflow is too complicated and this looked much simpler. but i couldn’t be arsed getting one in the end, i would probably use it for a week and go back to the cheap clone dvarw. :)

upload_2021-9-4_20-23-20.png

ah ok, i don’t have one, so maybe misunderstood how it works. but it just looks from the picture like the air is channeled straight from the two screws into the gap between the bits where the cotton sits (where the coil is)?

i was actually interested by this tank, because i did like the scylla and the wicking/liquid flow looks similar. scylla’s airflow is too complicated and this looked much simpler. but i couldn’t be arsed getting one in the end, i would probably use it for a week and go back to the cheap clone dvarw. :)

View attachment 253856
Nope, I think it's me being a dickhead and looking at the wrong tank ........... I don't have one either! :D

The RTA still doesn't have all the heatsink apparatus, and as it says the coil is much closer to the drip tip, hence the need for it and less far to go.

ScreenHunter 754.png

Nope, I think it's me being a dickhead and looking at the wrong tank ........... I don't have one either! :D

The RTA still doesn't have all the heatsink apparatus, and as it says the coil is much closer to the drip tip, hence the need for it and less far to go.

View attachment 253858

aye so the rta wouldn’t need all that stuff. i dunno, i’m sure they are different in actual use, just looked like the same thing turned upside down to me. :D

i’m sure they are already at work on the next version, which is planned to have the mouthpiece sticking out the side, perfect for those who like to toot while in repose. :)

i’m sure they are already at work on the next version, which is planned to have the mouthpiece sticking out the side, perfect for those who like to toot while in repose. :)
NOW you're selling it to me ................ :D

I think it's design is probably in response to the amount of people mtl vaping higher vg liquids currently. The bishop having a drip down feed will struggle above 50/50 I reckon. Not tried high vg but i can't see it coping well but the rdta version would have no issue's.

I think it's design is probably in response to the amount of people mtl vaping higher vg liquids currently. The bishop having a drip down feed will struggle above 50/50 I reckon. Not tried high vg but i can't see it coping well but the rdta version would have no issue's.

Good point. The more I learn about this RDTA, the more I am liking it and appreciating how it is designed.

Back
Top Bottom