What's new

Any Reaper v3 owners out there to help with some build advice?

fermento

Initiate
A few weeks ago I got a Reaper v3 from a friend, and I am having a bit of trouble with it. It seems that whatever I do I end up with a SUPER wet deck, which is OK but every now and again (at least once or twice over the course of a short vape break from work) it seems like the deck temporarily floods out. The sound gets super muted, the draw is wet with liquid and then a big pop of hot juice blows out the drip tip. Then, after that, it's back to normal. And normal is a REALLY nice vape! That's why I want to keep trying...

I am using a 2.5mm ID coil (5 wraps 28g kanthal) and threading it with about as much cotton as I can possibly fit through it. Wick tails are trimmed and rested in the wicking holes so that they touch the base of the deck, and the wick holes are filled. I leave the juice channels empty. I have tried closing down the PEEK juice control ring to almost nothing, and even vaping it with the tank set to the "off" position, but I always end up with the same result - a fantastic, flavourful, smooth vape with the odd blast of hot juice in the mouth. Any other reaper owners have any suggestions? I don't want to give up on this one, as when it's good it's SO SO good!

A few weeks ago I got a Reaper v3 from a friend, and I am having a bit of trouble with it. It seems that whatever I do I end up with a SUPER wet deck, which is OK but every now and again (at least once or twice over the course of a short vape break from work) it seems like the deck temporarily floods out. The sound gets super muted, the draw is wet with liquid and then a big pop of hot juice blows out the drip tip. Then, after that, it's back to normal. And normal is a REALLY nice vape! That's why I want to keep trying...

I am using a 2.5mm ID coil (5 wraps 28g kanthal) and threading it with about as much cotton as I can possibly fit through it. Wick tails are trimmed and rested in the wicking holes so that they touch the base of the deck, and the wick holes are filled. I leave the juice channels empty. I have tried closing down the PEEK juice control ring to almost nothing, and even vaping it with the tank set to the "off" position, but I always end up with the same result - a fantastic, flavourful, smooth vape with the odd blast of hot juice in the mouth. Any other reaper owners have any suggestions? I don't want to give up on this one, as when it's good it's SO SO good!
The V3 is the only rta I’ve ever given up on, £100 and I’ve never got a good vape out of it. Tried different orings, all sorts. Even with the juice control off it’s still oversaturated. I’m clueless on this one..

The V3 is the only rta I’ve ever given up on, £100 and I’ve never got a good vape out of it. Tried different orings, all sorts. Even with the juice control off it’s still oversaturated. I’m clueless on this one..

If you want an invite to the EVL facebook group which has loads of tips n stuff pm me
1. You better not be a rocket
2. It better not be a clone:)

Last edited:

I've actually found it pretty good the last day or so! I re-thought my build strategy - put in as much cotton as I could fit through the coil, and made sure the cotton wasn't bridging to the air outlet. Coil is about 1mm off the air outlet, and belly up. I filled the wick holes and tucked a little cotton into the juice channels as well (50/50 liquid) and now I'm getting a pretty lovely vape. The flavour is superb, and the draw is nice and dense. No problems with gurgles or leaks. I might try a 3mm coil next time, but this build is going good for me!

I find a 304S/S 3mm coil to be both hot and the vape almost too moist. It can be slightly spitty with tiny droplets in the inhaled vape.
The tails of the cotton need to be combed (I use a pin) to tease out some of the excess fibres, otherwise even a 2.5mm coil's cotton is too dense when packed into the Juice Wells.
The Juice Channels (2 tiny cutouts in front of the Juice Wells) need to be kept clear and your cotton should be folded into the Wells with the ends cut to just touch the base.
Move the cotton around so as it fills the Wells and make sure there are no stray fibres either side of the air hole.
The fluffier the cotton the better, some cottons are almost fibre'ish and I don't think they absorb as much juice.

I've always used the maximum hole on the exterior Air intake and also found the 1.2mm air pin I also purchased to be right on the money for a draw I liked, but the downside was it tended to cause a little flooding. I went back to the standard 1.8mm air pin with a small bore drip tip and in a few days never really noticed anything airy or lacking in the vape. No flooding either.

It is a beautifully made atomiser, that always puts a smile on my face as I feel the coil crackiling away with each pull.

it's a 10 out of 10 from me.

I've actually found it pretty good the last day or so! I re-thought my build strategy - put in as much cotton as I could fit through the coil, and made sure the cotton wasn't bridging to the air outlet. Coil is about 1mm off the air outlet, and belly up. I filled the wick holes and tucked a little cotton into the juice channels as well (50/50 liquid) and now I'm getting a pretty lovely vape. The flavour is superb, and the draw is nice and dense. No problems with gurgles or leaks. I might try a 3mm coil next time, but this build is going good for me!
Next rainy Sunday I’m going to have another crack, I might try a different cotton, sometimes Prime wicks too well for 50/50 or MTL applications

Back
Top Bottom