What's new

Are Vapers self righteous?

@Merino-Teflon threatened me with a 3week ban for contradicting a mod , surely calling one an idiot is a crime punishible by death !

Not at all fella, I fully believe in freedom of speech and expression of opinion, but people have to remember its a two way street, and clarity is a good starting point :)

Not at all fella, I fully believe in freedom of speech and expression of opinion, but people have to remember its a two way street, and clarity is a good starting point :)

so what your basically saying is i chose the wrong mod to contradict :P

since me and the missus started vaping and gave up tobacco, our daughters (2 of whom smoke) won't smoke in the house, our youngest (14yrs) is very pleased that we don't smoke anymore, the eldest (22yrs) who gave up earlier this year thinks it great that we stopped smoking but vape instead, I won't preach to smokers as i remember all too well how i hated the self righteous prats got on my nerves.

To a certain extent, we're placed in the same camp by being banished to the smoking areas to vape (certainly in my workplace). However, as I'm still smoking slightly (3 in the last 24 hours - 2 of them in work), being forced outside tends to make me reach for the fag packet rather than the e-cig (I shall be sure to remind them of this next time I'm off for 2 weeks with bronchitis).

I tend to find smokers will strike up conversation about the e-cigs. A woman yesterday asked if they really worked, so it gave me chance to sing the praises of my miracle gadget.

The main problem is the fact that the ignorant masses can't see past the vapour and understand that none of the reasons they had for making smokers social pariahs apply to vaping.

On things to look down on - I'd like to add people who say "back in the day" and "my bad".

Its coming up to my 7th month vaping and not had a cig since.

I will let friends smoke in my house but not tailor maids as they bloody stink, but I think it started as a test to see if I wanted one, but now I'm not fussed

I'm not one to preach to people but on the way back from a fellow vapers house after having quite a chilled day, I got into a cab and asked if its OK to use my mod ( I said e-cig as that's the universal I suppose) my mood soon changed as he went on to tell me that the local council ( hastings borough council) had banned the use of e-cigs in there cabs.

Now I'm yet to find anything that supports this but he could of just said no and that would of been fine its his cab, but because of the probable BS , pleasantries where not exchanged and no tip given
:rant:

Last edited:
I've never understood why a cabbie, or anyone else for that matter, needs tipping in the first place.

I personally dont care if ppl smoke or not there choice. my mum and sis are smokers altho they do use vaping kits which sometimes confuses me but I understand from it's hard to totally stop sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom