What's new

Are Vapers self righteous?

I'm not even permitted to vape in my own car travelling between services.

I get a lot of smokers laughing at the E Cig. For some reason a lot of people refuse to believe in them.
I think it's probably best to let them find out themselves but obviously if people are genuinely interested then preach away!

I hope i'm not guilty of this. Sorry if I am don't mean to be. I am guilty of being an over enthusiastic noob though.

As a person with Mental health issues (depression), i recently stopped smoking my pipe a habit for over 20yrs and started vaping 4 weeks ago, the nurse who comes to see me is pleased as punch that i've stopped smoking, Me .. I'm happier vaping, I can smell things... I can taste things, I don't stink... I would rather vape than smoke as I vape when i'm painting. in my studio my rules, (i've lost the thread ) sorry

I shouldn't worry about it Adie, I lost the thread decades ago. Never did pick it up again. It used to concern me for years but then one day after watching my fellow man's antics for a decade or so, I suddenly decided that I wasn't alone. At least half the population has the same condition (whatever that really is) so I stopped worrying about it.

But you're right. House rules should apply everywhere but they will invariably differ from one house to another. However, in the great mansion of life with its complex myriad of house rules, most of us seem to pick our way through them just fine but invariably there will be those who, a) struggle to do so and b) that small minority that THINK they know ALL the rules verbatim and choose to spend their lives dictating to others.

The reality is though, in the great scheme of life they know very little.

One of the great disappointments of vaping for me was the fact that everywhere it was advertised as "Use it anywhere, it's completely legal, don't fall foul of the smoking ban", you were told you could use your e-cig anywhere, trains, planes, pubs, cafe's, restaurants, and for me that was a massive attraction of vaping over smoking. It was what made it 'worth it' for me to try and make the switch, and then you find out that, actually, none of that's actually true. You can't use your e-cig anywhere. Proper let-down that was.

Vapour Caper (I don't know how to do live links to usernames). woohoo! You are in Salisbury! My home town. I now live in Beds but often visit family and friends in Salisbury. Do you have a market stall at all? Might have to visit next time I am down.

No market stall (yet) though we do have a growing number of people coming to our door to pickup stuff, tryout stuff etc. We're more than happy for people to come and collect stuff in person. Drop me a PM and I'll give you directions (if you need them)

Back
Top Bottom