What's new

Are we running before we can walk.

It's a very good topic for discussion. Have been contemplating this recently. It's difficult because if you sell a kit that has a TC mod, it does make sense to supply the TC coils with it. But most new mods have TC, and that includes the starter kits.
I was lucky in that the iStick tc40 was the mod I was recommended. It wasn't sold to me because it had TC, it was a nice tiny little mod that was easy to use and didn't need a full understanding of battery safety. I was hardly aware of the third little button on my mod for some time, until curiosity got the better of me and this forum educated me. Now I pretty much only Vape in TC.
While spreading the gospel of Vape in Egypt, I have sat down and had to try to explain vaping to a number of new initiates. Try explaining vaping in broken Arabic mixed with broken English, it's not easy! Then once they have just about wrapped their brains around the basics, they then ask what the blue coil is for...? I just told them to leave it the hell alone. It's enough simply getting to grips with tanks, coils, juices, mods, etc!
I think what's really missing is the "Vaping for Dummies" manual. It would have to be updated every month of course, but the instruction manuals that come with gear will never be able to explain all the nuances of vaping, even if they were actually written in English that made sense.
Think I'm rambling.

If memory serves the same sorta thing was being said a fair few months ago about 100W+ devices.
In some ways TC is becoming easier as there are better and more competant to use wires like SS and NiFe, whereas the Ni200 that was the first was a terrible pain in the cameron to set up. Titanium had a wee scare regards the Ti oxides that can occur and also was a bit tiresome to set up.

There will always be lesser standard kit as someone will see a chance of making a few bucks and some folks will buy it due to the lower price. There will always be some new shiny thingummy to attract people to upgrade their kit - see they c-ts apple for prime example!
Fair point but trust me you are the exception not the rule.

It must have seemed a good idea at the time, but with the speed things are moving at, the competition in the market and the lack of regulation, manufacturers are just shoving stuff out without road testing it and leaving the end user carry out the trials.

Early vaping technology was at about the level of the 1960's, so there wass a lot of room for improvement and once the Chinese got seriously involved things just took off.

I'm sort of hoping that someone like Dyson or Virgin, Google or B+O will see the potential in the market and get involved and set some standards.

Keep dreaming. Google and virgin enjoy most of their profit through tax loop holes allowed by the British government in exchange for information on British citizens

Google knows more about most people than their near and dear do

As for the other two they are small fry compared to the previous two.

AnY mod with a chip and USB updates IMO is collecting info for someone or other.

But I do suffer from a bit of paranoia, who created that term? Lol

Keep dreaming. Google and virgin enjoy most of their profit through tax loop holes allowed by the British government in exchange for information on British citizens

Google knows more about most people than their near and dear do

As for the other two they are small fry compared to the previous two.

AnY mod with a chip and USB updates IMO is collecting info for someone or other.

But I do suffer from a bit of paranoia, who created that term? Lol

Yup. Any one with an iPhone 5s and later?

Do you use Siri? Fingerprint recognition?
I wouldn't if I were you [emoji6]

Yup. Any one with an iPhone 5s and later?

Do you use Siri? Fingerprint recognition?
I wouldn't if I were you
emoji6.png

Doubt its just I phones pretty sure android does the same.

Don't know what it is but I can see where your going fella.
'Can we take your prints without even suspecting you of anything'

Go whistle lol.

Doubt its just I phones pretty sure android does the same.

Don't know what it is but I can see where your going fella.
'Can we take your prints without even suspecting you of anything'

Go whistle lol.

My sentiments exactly. But in 2016 there's very little we can do to stop anyone getting our details without our consent. Apple though, Apple are very naughty boys indeed. [emoji15]

My sentiments exactly. But in 2016 there's very little we can do to stop anyone getting our details without our consent. Apple though, Apple are very naughty boys indeed. [emoji15]

I guessed lol.

Very true,ever had a blood test when you were ill ? Paranoia is a fucker lol.

On the corporate side once you hear one of the big boys is getting tax breaks,you have to ask what are they paying back in return

It's all about information. There really should be an industry-standard set of clear, simple advice sheets to be handed out with kit. Ideally B&M vendors could use them to run through the relevant basics with new users (kind of like the aftercare leaflets a tattooist should give you) and online vendors could include links based on order contents. Even more ideally they would include links to an industry body website with no hype, advocacy or ads but just a clear glossary and a comprehensive, accessible FAQ (OK, maybe a link here, too).

Battery safety, temp control basics, mech-mod safety (including hybrid advice), e-liquid safety all spring to mind. If emphasising the safety aspect worries the sales obsessed then it can be pitched as 'how to get the most from xyz' but still include vital safety information.

That way the willfully ignorant user is to blame for not heeding the vital information, those who do have an ounce of sense will at least have some useful advice and those with a bit more interest in understanding will be well informed.

It's all about information. There really should be an industry-standard set of clear, simple advice sheets to be handed out with kit. Ideally B&M vendors could use them to run through the relevant basics with new users (kind of like the aftercare leaflets a tattooist should give you) and online vendors could include links based on order contents. Even more ideally they would include links to an industry body website with no hype, advocacy or ads but just a clear glossary and a comprehensive, accessible FAQ (OK, maybe a link here, too).

Battery safety, temp control basics, mech-mod safety (including hybrid advice), e-liquid safety all spring to mind. If emphasising the safety aspect worries the sales obsessed then it can be pitched as 'how to get the most from xyz' but still include vital safety information.

That way the willfully ignorant user is to blame for not heeding the vital information, those who do have an ounce of sense will at least have some useful advice and those with a bit more interest in understanding will be well informed.

Agree 100%.

Although, and I've mentioned this to @ned before, my local b and m's are reluctant to do anything other than take your money, let alone give tutorials.

One of the two occasions I visited the one a lad came in asking if the guy in the shop would show him how to wick his dripper. He got told, by the shop owner, to have a look on YouTube.

I like what Innokin have done with their TC coils: either bright orange or red packaging and when you open every flap on the box of coils you get a big warning telling you they're for TC mods only.

Back
Top Bottom