What's new

Aspire Nautilus 2 and Zelos Kit

Roger Hodgetts

Initiate
Hello there,

New to the forum, so hello! :-)

I have recently ordered an Aspire Zelos kit with Nautilus 2 tank, from eciaspireuk.
I have used the product for a couple of days only, but am experiencing issues it.

My main issue is with refilling the tank. Whenever I unscrew the sleeve to refill the tank, the coil comes out attached to the sleeve, meaning that all the juice drops down into the coil hole. (the coil is meant to stay located in bottom of the tank.)

This has happened on numerous occasions meaning that I cannot refill the tank when there is juice in it. And if I do its a very messy process meaning juice goes everywhere!

To make things worse now, when I have refilled the tank and reconnected it to the mod, it is saying 'no atomiser' meaning it wont fire!

Is anyone able to help! Am I missing something here.

All I see is good reviews for this product, so I dont want to give up on it yet and ask for a refund!

I used to use the Nautilus Mini and got on with that like a dream, but just loved the look of the Nautilus 2, so fancies getting one. And now I'm regretting it!

Hellllllp :-(

Hi Roger and welcome to the Planet.

ive not got the new nautilus 2 but this used to happen with the nautilus mini a lot but not so much with the full size nautilus.
only thing i can think of is make sure the coil is screwed in really tight to the base.
apart from that not sure what else to advise. there will be others along who own the kit to advise further.

I've not had this happen with my 2, all I can suggest is tighten the coil in the base tighter and don't screw the top on so tight.

or maybe you just have a coil where the top threads are a bit iffy causing it to jam? does it feel tight when you screw the top on?

Hi MrDJ,

Thanks for the response.

Yea, thats what i'm thinking.

As its quite a new product I am struggling to find any feedback from people who actually own the product, not just reviewing it.

It does happen with the nautilus mini, but because the glass tank is secured to the tip and you have it upside down it doesnt matter at all.

But with this being a top filler, the juice just falls into the coil hole.

So pants!

I don't have 1 myself but like MrDJ says make sure the atomiser is tightly screwed down, also the top sleave I guess should only be finger tight when putting that back on so it doesn't tighten onto the coil to hard, remember there will be a small rubber o ring in the chimney so it won't need to be crazy tight!
As for the no atomizer, slide a knife or your fingernail under the spring-loaded connector on the bottom of the tank to ease it out a touch, also on your mod get a sharp topped knife and ease the connecter left and right to ease that up a touch, that should make the connection between the two better.
Worked for me on the mini!

Hi Simon G,

I am using the coil that come with the tank. the 1.8ohm one.

It does feel tight when screwing the sleeve back on.

Are you meant to screw it up fully so you cannot see any metal showing around the base of the sleeve?

Hi welcome to the planet.

As above, make sure the coil is screwed in tightly to the base first.
Only other thing I could recommend is to check the seal is seated properly in the chimney section of the top cover that unscrews.
I had some issues with mine in the first few days and tried swapping that o ring / seal. First time of reassembling and stripping again my coil stuck as I hadn't seated the o ring properly.

Hi Flipside,

I think the whole process has ended up flooding the coil. ive given it all a wipe around and put a new coil in and its reading it again now.

Just the whole refilling issue thats the problem still :-(

I cant see an o ring in the chimeny.
Did it come with one in? I know they supply spares, maybe it fell out?
Bit naff if it did.
I wonder if that will solve the problem?

Hi Simon G,

I am using the coil that come with the tank. the 1.8ohm one.

It does feel tight when screwing the sleeve back on.

Are you meant to screw it up fully so you cannot see any metal showing around the base of the sleeve?

there's always a little gap at the bottom of mine and no, it doesn't really feel tight, I can do it up with a couple of fingers, there's no need to crank it up really tight either....

Back
Top Bottom