What's new

BBC - Smokers increasingly overestimate vaping risk

I don't accept the argument that if you ban the obvious real culprit it might lead to banning something else.
It already has unfortunately...

Flavour bans and vape taxes need to treated and fought as seperate issues and stuff disposables. If every disposable disappeared tomorrow I wouldn't give a toss.
They may be separate issues but they will all be lumped together under the upcoming tobacco & vapes Bill.

none of those things have caused the problems we're in now

arguably the daft “child friendly” cartoon and sweet packet eliquid has. this was the first line of attack, and an obvious one imo. you’ll find debates on here about it from years ago if you go trawling the search function. blooo razz slushee, stickles, rainbow unicorn stuff etc.

arguably the daft “child friendly” cartoon and sweet packet eliquid has. this was the first line of attack, and an obvious one imo. you’ll find debates on here about it from years ago if you go trawling the search function. blooo razz slushee, stickles, rainbow unicorn stuff etc.

I agree but their impact was nothing compared to the massive impact from disposables.

Flavour bans and vape taxes need to treated and fought as seperate issues and stuff disposables. If every disposable disappeared tomorrow I wouldn't give a toss.

This is the problem, calling for one vape product to be banned, whilst expecting users of that product to support a petition of other vape products they don't use not to be banned, divided we fall.

This is the problem, calling for one vape product to be banned, whilst expecting users of that product to support a petition of other vape products they don't use not to be banned, divided we fall.

Supporting the one product that's causing all the worst of the problems in full view of queues of politicians of every flavour lining up against us is the biggest recipe for a fall I'd have thought. Those politicians will likely be asking why they should support us when we oppose the one measure that could go a long way towards cleaning up our industry. It certainly won't give them a lot of encouragement to take our arguments seriously.

Those politicians will likely...
Talk shit and mostly be ignorant about vaping.. more than ignorant, they will most likely have warped views like those expressed by those 2 knobs interviewing on GB News...

I don't think it matters if you support disposables or not anymore.. they're getting banned, end of...
.. and they're gonna take a lot of other things down with them...

Fuck vapers - save the children!

It`s taken me ages to get to a place where my vaping is bang on, I`m fcuked if I`m gonna let some ignorant mealy mouthed bastards tell me what I can and cant do, I`m going to lay in some supplies while they`re still affordable and after that I`ll be looking for Delboy.

Talk shit and mostly be ignorant about vaping.. more than ignorant, they will most likely have warped views like those expressed by those 2 knobs interviewing on GB News...

I completely agree with you Toby but these are the people we have to deal with and who have the power to make the laws. Opposing the ban on disposables doesn't show the politicians that the vaping industry is really serious about trying to clean up our act.

We should forget about disposables and focus on fighting the flavour bans and trying to keep any new taxes as low as we can.

Who knows, perhaps if we show we're doing our part to make an effort we could even start making some inroads into reversing some of the TPD rules.

Back
Top Bottom