What's new

BBC - Smokers increasingly overestimate vaping risk

what do these morons expect if all we hear is horror stories from the press which a few weeks later are debunked but by then the vulchers have struck and the news it out there and is never retracted by the news channels or papers.
cancer uk supports vaping, hospitals are opening vape shops then a news report and all goes to shit.

The anti-vaping propaganda has worked.. now there's a surprise...

(and the fucking BBC are complicit IMO)

The press all love a shock horror story so they keep jumping on anything where they can claim some kind of negative shock story so they're all jumping on the bandwagon against both smoking and vaping. The don't differentiate because they couldn't care less compared to trying to increase their own ratings.

Not only the press that are throwing petrol on the fire. If you are a believer of all the negative press, scaremongering and outright lies that are constantly being rammed down our throats, then what are people supposed to believe. This is now further cemented by the fact our own bloody government are banning disposables and will do their upmost to ban all flavour.

Why do we never here reports to the contrary. Like the report article said, millions of people die each year from smoking related diseases and this never gets mentioned.

Why do we never here reports to the contrary. Like the report article said, millions of people die each year from smoking related diseases and this never gets mentioned.

it might be because this is common knowledge and has been known for decades. it wouldn’t really be news.

it might be because this is common knowledge and has been known for decades. it wouldn’t really be news.
I do wonder though. When looking at the stats it's clearly evident that people think vaping is worse than smoking. As you say known for decades but but still never banned.

I do wonder though. When looking at the stats it's clearly evident that people think vaping is worse than smoking. As you say known for decades but but still never banned.

it’s not easy to ban something that has been culturally entrenched for centuries. better just to let it fade away, as seems to be happening. no need for a shifting age limit imo.

the other thing to keep in mind is smokers can be prone to severe cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias. i used to do this myself. they often convince themselves that smoking isn’t as bad as it is made out to be, and safer alternatives are portrayed as much more harmful than they actually are. i think that’s a factor with this.

some will jump on, and even misinterpret and exaggerate, anything that justifies their continuing to smoke.

Not only the press that are throwing petrol on the fire. If you are a believer of all the negative press, scaremongering and outright lies that are constantly being rammed down our throats, then what are people supposed to believe. This is now further cemented by the fact our own bloody government are banning disposables and will do their upmost to ban all flavour.

I agree with the points - but disposables and the willingness of “rogue traders” to sell them to kids, and stock illegal high strength ones with marketing of a clearly dangerously cartoon like nature has led initially to the bad press and now the current proposed laws.

And those rogue traders are not small in number - you can buy this shit at a lot of the wholesalers that a lot of b and m shops use *cough* manchester *cough*

The current outcome is entirely fuelled by the self destructive actions of a greedy uncaring portion of the industry itself.

The press do what the press do - the kindling needs to be lit before they fan the flames

Back
Top Bottom