What's new

Vaping To Be Taxed

Will almost defo mean the giving up of lots of us smaller companies.

Anyone wanna buy a juice brand ? Im about done with it all. Its fucking depressing. The whole industry has gone to shite.

I realise among some circles who will kid themselves that this is not the catalyst (which is clearly bollocks) this may be an unpopular thing to say but - disposables and their rampant marketing have a lot to answer for.

Deny it as much as ya like as you suck on the taste equivalent of more sugar than you could safely consume in six months - its blatantly obvious fact.

Hope it doesn't come to that. can't imagine vaping without Manabush.

I'm in the 'Could be don't want to cut down' category. I just enjoy vaping way too much. Even if you took the nicotine away I'd still vape.

I think John Dunne handled that grilling quite well...
.. but I do wish he'd said early on that vaping doesn't have to be about cutting down on nicotine etc.
I appreciate John's efforts, but it is unfortunate that one of vapings most visible representatives, is not the best orator.

I appreciate John's efforts, but it is unfortunate that one of vapings most visible representatives, is not the best orator.
He is about the only vape rep shown in mainstream media these days...

I wish a show like HARDtalk would do a full half hour with Clive Bates.
It would also be interesting because that show, the questions seem to be well researched, but they simply wouldn't have the research knowledge (with aptitude) that Clive has... (and he's good in front of a camera)

I wish a show like HARDtalk would do a full half hour with Clive Bates.
It would also be interesting because that show, the questions seem to be well researched, but they simply wouldn't have the research knowledge (with aptitude) that Clive has... (and he's good in front of a camera)
I just emailed the BBC -

Vaping is under threat from the UK government via the upcoming tobaccco & vaoes Bill with many proposed harsh restrictions that will have unintended consequences.
Vaping is the most successful quitting aid in history and is officially considered to be 95% less harmful than smoking by Public Health England.
It is being massively misrepresented in the media with scare mongering, misinformation, and negative propaganda.
Millions of people will be affected in the UK alone; many will return to smoking.

Please could you ask Clive Bates (ex-director of Action on Smoking and Health) to appear on the show to set the record straight.

From ELFC.... Nearly £4.50 increase on a longfill....oft

** VAPE TAX **
You may have heard on the news yesterday that the Government is considering bringing in a vape liquid tax (or levy) in the budget next week.
Some outlets are reporting that this could be similar to the liquid taxes in Italy and Germany. If that's the case, then here's what you can expect in terms of future pricing (estimated, obvs):
Current prices:
60ml Longfill: £6.99
3 x 10ml Liquids: £10
Longfill Saving: £13.01 (65%)

New Pricing:
60ml Longfill: £11.49
3 x 10ml Liquids: £15
Longfill Saving: £18.51 (62%)
As you can see, there is a significant price increase, but the savings with Longfills and DIY are pretty much the same.
This isn't definitely happening, and even if it does, it's unlikely to be implemented straight away.
Other than praying that it doesn't happened or kidnapping the chancellor, I'm not sure what can be done to stop it, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

watching that GB news thing Jesus

so as an adult, they say the generation of children will be addicted to nicotine because Tony Blair banned smoking in enclosed places and the kids have switched to vaping

however, 3% of children smoke 7.6% of teenagers use class A drugs and the kicker is 22% of 15-year-olds have been drunk in the last 4 weeks 70% of 15-year-olds say they drink on weekends. but it's ok out of 7500 teenagers 4% say they have carried a knife in the last year 78 were murdered with them in 2022 10 were under 16

so all the above are either illegal or over 18 products

yep winning the hearts and minds, the government are

Back
Top Bottom