What's new

Panorama On Teenage Vaping

So Leia starting smoking when she was 12 and gave up when switching to vaping at 14 and has been vaping for 3 years. Amusingly there is no mention that she was breaking the law by smoking and is now by vaping or that the overall consensus health wise is she is better off vaping than smoking.
And they portrayed her and the lad like ex-crack users trying to get clean - all very dramatic.
Try 50 years of smoking, then you’ll know was an addiction really is.

And they portrayed her and the lad like ex-crack users trying to get clean - all very dramatic.
Yep, it's all there to demonise & stigmatise nicotine...
The TV program was mainly a continued extension of this...
"How can they be allowed to openly advertise vapes on the shop fronts of every high street?"
(Because, as you pointed out, it's legal.)

I detest the BBC

but I also detest disposables

Im so confused right now - im having an existential crisis.
Speaking of existential questions, I just read a review of a disposable here on potv, the GoBar or some such rubbish.
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...pods-aio/threads/gobar-max-pod-review.236503/

Most of us here are responsible adults, but should this form of advertisement be promoted on potv? Personally, I’m rather ambivalent even though I hate disposables, but then again, I suffer from cognitive dissonance and am also confused :18:

Speaking of existential questions, I just read a review of a disposable here on potv, the GoBar or some such rubbish.
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...pods-aio/threads/gobar-max-pod-review.236503/
Most of us here are responsible adults, but should this form of advertisement be promoted on potv? Personally, I’m rather ambivalent even though I hate disposables, but then again, I suffer from cognitive dissonance and am also confused :18:
IMO, peeps can review disposables, but it doesn't make any odds as to the overall popularity, as disposables are available everywhere (in the UK)...

Also, 99.9% of disposable users will not see Planet Of The Vapes forum.

That ship has sailed.

Precisely.. it's extremely obvious, and anyone that says otherwise is either ignorant or in denial...

Of course it has...
Are you seriously trying to suggest that a far safer (and more pleasurable in many opinions) form of taking nicotine hasn't massively impacted numbers of people smoking (in all age groups)?

it has reduced the numbers of people smoking, of course. but if you look at stats smoking in children and teenagers has been declining for decades. i don’t think it has declined any faster since a percentage of them started vaping.

as to your reply to @Ment it’a not obvious at all, for the same reason. kids are much less likely to take up smoking than they were 30 years ago, even completely removing vaping from the equation.

It's perfectly logical, you're thinking emotionally.

I'm a believer in the end justifies the means.

i’m not thinking emotionally at all. it isn’t logical to give a vape device to every 13 year old because the majority of them won’t ever vape or smoke.

i don’t think it has declined any faster since a percentage of them started vaping.
I don't know if it has declined any faster either, but there's no doubt that vapes have helped.
What they don't mention is that most 14 year old vapers would have been smoking had vaping not existed...
Precisely.. it's extremely obvious, and anyone that says otherwise is either ignorant or in denial...
as to your reply to @Ment it’a not obvious at all, for the same reason. kids are much less likely to take up smoking than they were 30 years ago, even completely removing vaping from the equation.
I think you are ignoring the fact that a certain percentage of the population (kids or adults) have a natural inherent appeal for nicotine, and always will do.. and the appeal for some kids is also more apparent due to the allure of experimentation, and peer pressure...

People have been smoking (for the nicotine) since time immemorial.
Luckily now there is a way of taking nicotine without nearly as much (or maybe very little) harm.

I don't know if it has declined any faster either, but there's no doubt that vapes have helped

if it was already declining for decades, and the decline hasn’t increased since youngsters have been starting vaping, then clearly it hasn’t had any effect at all.

I think you are ignoring the fact that a certain percentage of the population (kids or adults) have a natural inherent appeal for nicotine, and always will do.. and the appeal for some kids is also more apparent due to the allure of experimentation, and peer pressure...

People have been smoking (for the nicotine) since time immemorial.
Luckily now there is a way of taking nicotine without nearly as much (or maybe very little) harm

i don’t know whether there are particular people who have a natural inclination to nicotine. i don’t think that’s a fact.

Back
Top Bottom