What's new

Beginner tips for mech mods??

All the regulated ones ive seen have the buttons on the side.
What about the uwell soulkeeper? it's got a clicky bottom button but it still looks sick for my first mech mod type mod, i seen a video on it and it seems to have alot of safety, u know much about it?

That's what a mech mod is, no safety other than your knowledge. Cleaning threads on any mod is important & necessary, just more so on a mech. To clean a mech you strip it down to it's component parts to access threads & switches including switch contacts.
Damn they're just so fkin nice I really want one man haha, I just dont think I could push myself

Ahh I suppose that makes since, is it really that difficult to clean?
Polishing a copper or brass mod takes time, it's not difficult it's just a extra job you have to factor into your schedule that's important often needs doing when you have better things to do and stinks especially if your using brasso [emoji1]

Polishing a copper or brass mod takes time, it's not difficult it's just a extra job you have to factor into your schedule that's important often needs doing when you have better things to do and stinks especially if your using brasso [emoji1]
I mean I always have time, I love building etc, it's like a new hobby, I've been off the cigs for nearly 3 weeks now thanks to me getting seriously into my building it's like my type of heroin hahaha,

So lemme get this straight yeah, even in a unregulated mod like the uwell soul keeper which I might get just too start off and get the feel of things for a slight mech type mod, hopefully you agree that's a good idea, I believe I have got the hang of the voltage to ohms and watts etc, so my batteries are Samsung 25R, 20A, 2500MAH @ 3.7v maximum I believe it goes to is 4.2v so that means I would be aiming for around a .25ohm build, is that right? or am I just completely braindead and need keep researching haha.

I appreciate all the help tho bro

I mean I always have time, I love building etc, it's like a new hobby, I've been off the cigs for nearly 3 weeks now thanks to me getting seriously into my building it's like my type of heroin hahaha,

So lemme get this straight yeah, even in a unregulated mod like the uwell soul keeper which I might get just too start off and get the feel of things for a slight mech type mod, hopefully you agree that's a good idea, I believe I have got the hang of the voltage to ohms and watts etc, so my batteries are Samsung 25R, 20A, 2500MAH @ 3.7v maximum I believe it goes to is 4.2v so that means I would be aiming for around a .25ohm build, is that right? or am I just completely braindead and need keep researching haha.

I appreciate all the help tho bro
How many amps is a 0.25ohm build pulling from your battery.

This is one of the two main questions you need to be able to answer before considering using a mechanical mod.

The other is about contact which is why cleaning and battery condition is important.

Most folk will try and steer people away from mechanical mods which is i suppose the responsible thing to do but maybe people could elaborate on the above because you've obviously made up your mind and will do ot anyway so perhaps could do with steering in the right direction.

How many amps is a 0.25ohm build pulling from your battery.

This is one of the two main questions you need to be able to answer before considering using a mechanical mod.

The other is about contact which is why cleaning and battery condition is important.

Most folk will try and steer people away from mechanical mods which is i suppose the responsible thing to do but maybe people could elaborate on the above because you've obviously made up your mind and will do ot anyway so perhaps could do with steering in the right direction.
Well a .25 ohm build would be pulling around 24 amps i believe? so now that I think back on it yes I am mistaken. It should be a .18 or .19 ohm build as that will pull around 19 amps if I'm not mistaken correct me if im wrong tho. If that is right then surely I am steering in the right direction, I believe I have a slight idea on how to do it, i'm still going to be doing alot more research so dw about that. I just want to start of with a half safe mod, then maybe a year down the line or half a year go to actual mech mods, that is the goal I set when i stopped the cigs completely I want to be able to do mech mods.

I appreciate any help man, i really hope i didnt make myself seem stupid here xD

Well a .25 ohm build would be pulling around 24 amps i believe? so now that I think back on it yes I am mistaken. It should be a .18 or .19 ohm build as that will pull around 19 amps if I'm not mistaken correct me if im wrong tho.
You are very much mistaken which shows you are really not ready and in desperate need of more help from these fine mech users on here.

From here

https://www.steam-engine.org/ohm

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 7.32.26 pm.png

Back
Top Bottom