What's new

Bend Over Down Under

i reckon they are wise to the fag industry’s attempts to infiltrate vaping.

Nick-OTeen-Posters-Saatchi-and-Saatchi-for-the-Health-Education-Council-1980a-1980b.png

Just another reboot of the old tropes.

Last edited by a moderator:
it’s not good at all. but what is driving it?
I often wonder that.. and in most countries that severely restrict or prohibit vapes, it's blatant corruption (protecting the tobacco trade)...

But in Aus, I do wonder if it's simply naive ideology... (we don't like people smoking, and also that new form vaping, we'll hammer the nail in.. oh, that's not worked.. well, let's hammer it in harder)

And for cigarettes there, I could have sworn I read somewhere that they are taxed so high, that it's reckoned that they actually lose money from the taxes, cos most people get black market cigs instead...
i reckon they are wise to the fag industry’s attempts to infiltrate vaping.
In theory there is nothing wrong with the tobacco industry getting in on the vaping industry...
.. but I don't like it.. how they control the main distribution outlets.. and their dirty tricks...

I often wonder that.. and in most countries that severely restrict or prohibit vapes, it's blatant corruption (protecting the tobacco trade)...

But in Aus, I do wonder if it's simply naive ideology... (we don't like people smoking, and also that new form vaping, we'll hammer the nail in.. oh, that's not worked.. well, let's hammer it in harder)

And for cigarettes there, I could have sworn I read somewhere that they are taxed so high, that it's reckoned that they actually lose money from the taxes, cos most people get black market cigs instead...

In theory there is nothing wrong with the tobacco industry getting in on the vaping industry...
.. but I don't like it.. how they control the main distribution outlets.. and their dirty tricks...

i think there is an inherent problem with it, in that they have the resources to lobby to try and guide the situation towards a situation where they can monopolise again. but that’s what had me wondering if some of the state driven anti activity is motivated by this. all these weirdo astro-turf tobacco funded “campaigners” are complicit, if so.

Personal importation will be banned...
Update on timeline -
https://colinmendelsohn.com.au/timeline/
THE HEALTH MINISTER has announced today the timeline for his long-awaited crackdown on vaping. The importation of disposable single-use vapes will be banned from 1 January 2024 and the personal importation of any vapes or e-liquids (including all refillable devices and nicotine-free e-liquids) from overseas will be banned from 1 March 2024.

Western Australian man, 49, could be jailed and fined after cops found a vape in his car
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-Western-Australian-man-jailed-vape-car.html
A man has been charged with possessing liquid nicotine despite Health Minister Mark Butler claiming smokers will not be personally targeted in the vape crackdown.
Trinite Williams, 49, faced the Magistrate's Court of Western Australia on Friday and pleaded not guilty to possessing liquid nicotine, which is a controlled substance, after police found it during a search of his car on October 8.
Police charged him with possessing a scheduled four Poison under the state's Medicines and Poisons Act 2014. He is facing a fine of up to $2,000 and/or up to two years jail if found guilty.
Mr Williams' lawyer Kyle Kutasi told Daily Mail Australia his client was 'extremely frustrated' because he believed owning a vape was not against the law.
'He just had a vape, that's it. Not litres of nicotine liquid. He had just enough for the one vape for his personal use,' Mr Kutasi said.
'Mr Williams is extremely frustrated because he is trying to defend a load of nonsense and it is a complete waste of time and money.
'It was his understanding that it was not illegal to possess a vape since Health Minister Mark Butler publicly said users would not be penalised.'

^^ Never mind just go buy some fags to get your 'controlled substance' nicotine hit.

Back
Top Bottom