What's new

Best stock coil mtl kit for wanting to quit smoker?

Mitz

Administrator
Staff member
Friend of mine is going to try and quit smoking, so I want to pick up a mtl stock coil device for her. Out of touch with the latest and greatest kit, and I'm feeling too lazy to hunt through previous threads looking for recommendations.

What's the best currently available stock coil mtl kit for someone about to try and quit smoking, in your opinion?

Thanks.

I think something like the Vaporesso Xros would be a good place to start.

It's also important to make sure she knows what type of juice will be right for it and also where to buy more pods and juice when she needs it. I've had several people I've tried to help onto vaping but once the juice runs out and it starts tasting burnt these things often end up being chucked in a drawer and they go back to ciggies if they don't know how to fix it.

Vaporesso Luxe X Pro or XR Max. X Pro is better (aimed at) for MTL/RDL, but has a smaller battery which makes it a more ergonomic device to hold.

The X Pro comes with the X Pods which are fixed coil, but will take the XR Pods.

The XR Pods use GTX coils, so the PnP compatible coils fit them. There are 3 different pods to cater for MTL/RDL/DTL vaping styles. Get some of these pods and GTX coils to match.

They really are extremely good and versatile.

I've also got the Vaporesso XR Max, and it's a great device. I also have a Voopoo Argus Pod, and i would recommend the Argus for someone fresh off the fags. A simple draw activated device with no frills.

My personal favourite, for simplicity and performance: Sceptre 2 pod kit

My friend's personal favouite (who is actually currently using it to give up smoking): Orion 2

I have heard a lot of good shit about the new vaporesso luxe pro too. It seems like a sceptre but better looking and with adjustable wattage.

Thanks for the suggestions guys (and gal). :)

Xros and X Pro (lots of coils to choose from with the compatible XR pod) look interesting. Pre fixed coils in the X Pro also keeps things simple. Argus looks very good too.

The Orion 2 is also a good shout. Vaping on one as I speak.

Regarding the Sceptre 2 @MHL... did you ever try the original Sceptre? Is there a big improvement between that and the 2? I had the original and hated it. Didn't like those tiny yellow coils that it came with so it got shelved.

Last edited:
Lots of great suggestions for different types of kit but the first things I'd always ask myself is have they ever vaped anything more than a disposable before and will they take to having to figure out the choices and variables they're going to come across?

I think we, as more experienced vapers, often struggle to understand why other people are so easily put off from vaping. There are so many variables which, to us, seem ridiculously easy but to a new vaper often feels like they need a university degree to figure out.

That's why I'd start with the Xros so they can just learn a couple of things at a time until they build up their knowledge rather than having all of that coming at them at once and trying to figure out too much in one go. There's not too many buttons and controls and they don't need to worry about too many different types of coils and everything else.

Once you've shown them what kind of juice to use and where to get spare pods they can worry afterwards about learning anything else that would give them a better vape.

@Mitz I never had the first sceptre, but the second one does use those little gold coils. I think they're great, amazing flavour and never a problem with leaks or gurgles or whatnot. Why don't you like them? Unless we have been using different versions. 0.6 mesh I think I had.

@Mitz I never had the first sceptre, but the second one does use those little gold coils. I think they're great, amazing flavour and never a problem with leaks or gurgles or whatnot. Why don't you like them? Unless we have been using different versions. 0.6 mesh I think I had.

Hmm, think it was probably the .6 and maybe the 1.2 I was using. :hmm:

I got it around the same time as my first Innokin M18 pod. The M18 completely blew the Sceptre out of the water. Found the Sceptre severley lacking in flavour and oomph in comparison. Remember going back to it to try and give it a second chance but was so underwhelmed it never saw the light of day again, whereas I went on to buy many M18s, right up until all anyone could send was old stock and they were turning up DOA. I'd say the M18 with the M18 coil was probably the best pod I've ever used for no frills, incredible flavour vaping so the Sceptre was always going to be up against it from that point of view.

Back
Top Bottom