What's new

Boro Questions

Toastie

Achiever
Before my glass went and committed sodoku, I noticed a few things. This is regarding the SXK version.

When refilling, it would piss juice all over the back of the boro, I suspect it is just a wicking issue and it's coming from the airflow pin. Is this normal? Reason I ask is I saw someone joking refer to the BB as the leaky box and I see that some people remove the boro before filling.

I have also noticed I was having great difficulty trying to slide the glass back to refill the tank, is this normal or am I missing something? I do lube all o-rings and the gasket with eliquid before putting it together, but when I came to fill it a few hours later, it always seemed to be stuck.

Just as a side note, there was what looks like a slight nick in my gasket, looks like a little bevel on one corner of the leading edge at the top. That was there when I got it, no idea if that would play into being hard to slide the glass down.

You shouldn't get leaks as such. After a while you will probably get condensation build up behind the Boro. This is normal and you can just cut a bit of kitchen roll to sit behind there.
Not sure what's going on with sliding the glass. It may be a dodgy gasket. I would replace it if it were me. It should slide quite easily if it's lubed

You shouldn't get leaks as such. After a while you will probably get condensation build up behind the Boro. This is normal and you can just cut a bit of kitchen roll to sit behind there.
Not sure what's going on with sliding the glass. It may be a dodgy gasket. I would replace it if it were me. It should slide quite easily if it's lubed

It was definitely liquid, a lot of it. If it isn't common then it is definitely down to my wicking. I am planning on giving the exocet another go when the spare glass arrives.

That's what's weird, the glass slid well the first time I assembled it after lubing, apart from the very last bit. It seemed almost glued on when I came to refill it though, I swear it was harder to move than when it was brand new out the box and dry as a bone.

Is your glass the right way round? 1 edge is more rounded off this should be the top, gasket wise double check it's pushed in securely.

What kind of bottle/dropper are you using to refill? Is all the juice going in the tank or is it possible that it's dripping down around it?
If it's juice leaking out of the airflow then it would pool up at the bottom, flow out the airholes and over the plate. If it's behind the tank it sounds like it seeping down the sides of the tank, ie not going into the tank. This could happen with droppers as there's a film of juice outside the glass dropper as well as inside it. Maybe it's dripping down?

I refill using nibbed bottles, and don't get any juice leaks ... just light mistings of condensation sometimes.

Shouldnt be happening at all. I have a few sxk boros and all are fine. As above, there’s a slightly rounded edge on one side of the leading edge of the glass that makes it easier to insert and should prevent the gasket bunching up.
On one of my sxk boros the glass is very stiff. Probably a fraction out and this could have been the same with yours. Always lube the gasket well before putting the glass in.

Shouldnt be happening at all. I have a few sxk boros and all are fine. As above, there’s a slightly rounded edge on one side of the leading edge of the glass that makes it easier to insert and should prevent the gasket bunching up.
On one of my sxk boros the glass is very stiff. Probably a fraction out and this could have been the same with yours. Always lube the gasket well before putting the glass in.
I have a white one the same but no issues with the bkack boros.

Is your glass the right way round? 1 edge is more rounded off this should be the top, gasket wise double check it's pushed in securely.

I had heard of that, first thing I did was look at the glass sideways on and couldn't for the life of me see and difference in one edge. Mine was square, production error maybe? See if the replacements are different.

What kind of bottle/dropper are you using to refill? Is all the juice going in the tank or is it possible that it's dripping down around it?
If it's juice leaking out of the airflow then it would pool up at the bottom, flow out the airholes and over the plate. If it's behind the tank it sounds like it seeping down the sides of the tank, ie not going into the tank. This could happen with droppers as there's a film of juice outside the glass dropper as well as inside it. Maybe it's dripping down?

I refill using nibbed bottles, and don't get any juice leaks ... just light mistings of condensation sometimes.

I was using a 100ml LDPE with the thin nib. I fill with the billet box lying flat, so when it comes out the air hole, it tends to go to the back until I stand it up.

Looks as though it is just my wicking, as I suspected. I had to check though after seeing it referred to as the leaky box. I also saw it mentioned that Spartan removes it to fill, so that got me thinking too.

Might try resesting the seal next time, see if that helps with the glass being stiff. It's as if the lubricant disappears from the gasket in the two hours or so between lubricating and the next refill.

Re the glass being rounded on the edge I think @Vapaneezer Scrooge means the corners of one end are rounded to fit correctly. I've never noticed the edge being rounded. On first fill I put juice in to cover the bridge, dip the top end of the glass in the juice & wipe it on the gasket & the glass slides easy then. Refilling I do the same as @TartanSpartan & remove as it's a chance to catch any condensation & clean it up & wipe the boro down.

I had heard of that, first thing I did was look at the glass sideways on and couldn't for the life of me see and difference in one edge. Mine was square, production error maybe? See if the replacements are different.

I was using a 100ml LDPE with the thin nib. I fill with the billet box lying flat, so when it comes out the air hole, it tends to go to the back until I stand it up.

Looks as though it is just my wicking, as I suspected. I had to check though after seeing it referred to as the leaky box. I also saw it mentioned that Spartan removes it to fill, so that got me thinking too.

Might try resesting the seal next time, see if that helps with the glass being stiff. It's as if the lubricant disappears from the gasket in the two hours or so between lubricating and the next refill.
In my relatively short experience of the billet; it’s no more leaky than anything else I own. As long as there are no faults in hardware or builds it can and does remain as leakproof as the best of them. Sure the condensation thing is a pain at times but you soon get into the habit of checking each day and giving it a wipe over.

Back
Top Bottom