What's new

Boro Questions

I may have chained on it a little, just had to refill. Took the boro out just in case, not a drop anywhere, glass slid just fine too. The only spot of liquid to clean was from where the inside of the glass slides along the boro as you slide it down.

So far it looks like there was something wrong with my first boro or it's o-ring. This new one is black too, looks much nicer in the black BB.

I can't understand how, I'm not saying that isn't the case, just don't understand it. I wick it as per the vid from Nature Vapes Mark. When you guys build, do you put a couple of drips on the new wick...? If I use any less cotton in a build I tend to find it will dry out.
When I started out with the BB, using @TartanSpartan 's advice, I liked to "prove" the wicking by adding drops to the tails outside the Exocet only, then observing how the juice made its way onto the coil. Now that I am more au fait with wicking the Exocet I don't wet the wicks at all, just load it into the tank where it sits and waits for installation into the BB. (I have several more tanks and atties than BBs.)

I now install the tank/Exocet dry, juice it up, let it sit for a minute, then vape. I never remove the tank at refills, only to change the tank/atty once a week or so. It's not a leaker ... any leaks will be down to either o-rings/seals or a wicking error.

I don't think condensation is an issue either, but I did have to rid myself of any purging habit. I do tend to purge on my Aromamizers when the coils are cold.

There is absolutely no need to remove the boro from the billet to refill

I'd rather not remove it, just did it this time as I didn't trust my exocet wicking, appears I've nailed it this time though. I still haven't sealed the pin on the SXK, so want to avoid any leaks inside, waiting on the right driver to remove the hex screws arriving.

When I started out with the BB, using @TartanSpartan 's advice, I liked to "prove" the wicking by adding drops to the tails outside the Exocet only, then observing how the juice made its way onto the coil. Now that I am more au fait with wicking the Exocet I don't wet the wicks at all, just load it into the tank where it sits and waits for installation into the BB. (I have several more tanks and atties than BBs.)

I now install the tank/Exocet dry, juice it up, let it sit for a minute, then vape. I never remove the tank at refills, only to change the tank/atty once a week or so. It's not a leaker ... any leaks will be down to either o-rings/seals or a wicking error.

I don't think condensation is an issue either, but I did have to rid myself of any purging habit. I do tend to purge on my Aromamizers when the coils are cold.

Funnily enough, that's exactly how I did it this time. Cut the tails really short, maybe 2mm protruding, wet the very ends and splayed it out to create a plug of sorts. By the time I'd fluffed the wet ends out, the coil was wet in the middle.

As I just said to Spartan, I'd rather not remove it, but I need to trust my wicking first and get the pin sealed ASAP. Might take me a while to nail the wicking consistently.

Thanks to everyone for the help and advice.

I met the guy through riding bikes, he's part owner of a vape shop, got a nice 10% discount for bikers too, still never visited, keep meaning too. I only see him occasionally and he only pops into the shop to open and close it. Next time I catch him on the bike I'll definitely get him to help me out.

On a plus note, huge thanks to @Rickster, he only went and sent me a new black boro and a spare glass, lifesaver. Was only expecting a replacement glass. Me and the Exocet are going for round three in a moment.

Your welcome fella

My SXK was absolutely pissing juice when I got home tonight. I put the Haku Zeta in there last night. Initially I thought it was a wicking error but on closer inspection the gasket around the boro has become detached at the top left. I’ve stripped it down and I can’t see to refit it. Every time I think it’s back in when I slide the glass back up it fuggin pops back out against

Is there any advice/tips on how to do repair it? TIA

Order a set of gaskets bud, very cheap. If it were me I would be ordering another boro aswell to be safe.

Order a set of gaskets bud, very cheap. If it were me I would be ordering another boro aswell to be safe.

Thanks pal, I’m going to order a new boro I think. I can’t push the glass up without dislodging the gasket at the top. Rather than keep messing about with it I’ll order a replacement for £14.

Weird how it happened. I’m wondering if it got knocked while at work. But one minute it was fine and the next it was oozing liquid. I’m a bit worried it’s gone into the internals so it’s being left to dry out for now

Thanks pal, I’m going to order a new boro I think. I can’t push the glass up without dislodging the gasket at the top. Rather than keep messing about with it I’ll order a replacement for £14.

Weird how it happened. I’m wondering if it got knocked while at work. But one minute it was fine and the next it was oozing liquid. I’m a bit worried it’s gone into the internals so it’s being left to dry out for now

You need to keep the gasket lubed up, the glass should slide up and down with no resistance.
Lube the inside of the glass around where the gasket is situated.
On the glass itself, there is a correct way to fit, one side (inner) of the glass has a slight cut in angle to it at the top, this is to ensure it doesn't snag the gasket at the top.
It's probably too late to save the one you got.....but for the future

You need to keep the gasket lubed up, the glass should slide up and down with no resistance.
Lube the inside of the glass around where the gasket is situated.
On the glass itself, there is a correct way to fit, one side (inner) of the glass has a slight cut in angle to it at the top, this is to ensure it doesn't snag the gasket at the top.
It's probably too late to save the one you got.....but for the future

Aye, a learning experience. I hadn't been lubing up the gasket but it stands to reason it needs it (big mistake by me m). I’m going to order a new boro and lube for England! Thanks Rickster

Back
Top Bottom