What's new

Vc osiris 25 mm issue

Mbsun

Postman
Hi, bought the above a few months back (actually I like despite the odd wicking) anyway

All was well until last night, cleaned in warm soapy water and did a rebuild, put back together, and filled and vaped a tank off

Came to refill and top was tight as. It did turn off with some effort without resorting to mole grips etc, but it would not go back on

I put a new o ring (small chimney one) lubed it with juice, checked for debris in grooves etc, checked for any metal spurs from (like cross threading), nothing.
Fwiw when I say it won't go on, I mean not 1mm of turn, it doesn't even start. (So not like say a bit of grit where you might be able to push the grit along a bit and get some kind of rotation)
This was last night

Had another go this morning and it went on, but not as easily as normal, I gave it a couple of turns back and forth, was fairly free but not perfect. Anyhow I filled it, vapes the tank off comes to refill, tight as again, bit of effort, comes off. Comes to put top back on, same issue again

I am absolutely stumped, it's almost as if Hest has deformed something

I have had similar happen with Tanks but not as bad as yours seems to be, it could be heat somehow swelling the threads, i have a similar issue with an AIO but think that's down to juice even though i clean it the Flush Nut sticks tight, honestly feels like someone has put super glue on the threads, then once loose the rotation is gritty and crunchy, happens even after a good clean.

I have had similar happen with Tanks but not as bad as yours seems to be, it could be heat somehow swelling the threads, i have a similar issue with an AIO but think that's down to juice even though i clean it the Flush Nut sticks tight, honestly feels like someone has put super glue on the threads, then once loose the rotation is gritty and crunchy, happens even after a good clean.

I am beginning to think the same, even though tbf I have had dust from work jam a mech on and burnt out the coil (that got hot ), on a different ati with no recurring issues
And on this ati I have had it quite hot from hammering away at it, again with no issues

However this time (which I didn't mention as I felt it wasn't relevant (but I am beginning to feel possibly it is)

I often tie a rebuild into a change of flavour, and the flavour I changed to was dark star mountain dew, which has from prior experience a nice hit of ice or maybe menthol (tbh I can't tell the differance other than I don't like strong menthol but love ice)

Anyway, this latest one is mental, it blew my head off, coughing like mad, couldn't even take the tiniest pull. I checked across a few attis with builds of 0.1 to 0.15 and it was horrendous in all

So my current theory is there is something in the mix which is wrong, and whatever that is caused the chimney to expand, but this could be utter bollacks, I don't know

Fwiw I put the 250ml I decanted from the 1 litre mix I made , back in,so i can ensure it was homogeneous and not partially mixed which I will check this weekend in an old build

Well as daft as it seems, I can only assume I am at least partially correct, as with other juices it now works, albeit a smidge tighter than it was perhaps, but far from a struggle to turn off and on

It appears to me that the chimney expanded beyond its norm and put enough pressure on the centre of the tank closer that the refill could not quite reach the threads, and 24 for hours wasn't enough for it to re contract, but after a week enough time had elapsed for sufficient contraction to accur

What I just said may make little sense to those more technically minded than me but I am at a loss for a better explanation

Back
Top Bottom