What's new

Boro Questions

Re the glass being rounded on the edge I think @Vapaneezer Scrooge means the corners of one end are rounded to fit correctly. I've never noticed the edge being rounded. On first fill I put juice in to cover the bridge, dip the top end of the glass in the juice & wipe it on the gasket & the glass slides easy then. Refilling I do the same as @TartanSpartan & remove as it's a chance to catch any condensation & clean it up & wipe the boro down.

Noticed the condensation, wasn't a problem. A lot less than I expected to be fair.

I've heard both actually, definitely had the glass the correct way up. I heard one edge is bevelled to try to reduce the chance of snagging the gasket at the very top of the boro, seems they were probably talking about the authentic, or just talking nonsense.

Checked the video, actually watched that before when I was looking to get the insider but went with the exocet instead. That is exactly the way I do it, except I juice the gasket and dip the glass. Everything slides nicely, but two hours later it seems as though all lubricant has buggered off and I can't understand it. One refill it took me 5 minutes to slide the glass open, I kid you not, I had a solid grip too, wasn't sliding on liquid or condensation.

In my relatively short experience of the billet; it’s no more leaky than anything else I own. As long as there are no faults in hardware or builds it can and does remain as leakproof as the best of them. Sure the condensation thing is a pain at times but you soon get into the habit of checking each day and giving it a wipe over.

I was expecting masses of condensation, the way people make out. Wasn't too bad in 4-5 hours use I got, but I suppose it depends on use and whether MTL or DL.

For now I have the answers I need, best case scenario that it isn't normal. When everything is back up and running again I'll do some experimentation.

Noticed the condensation, wasn't a problem. A lot less than I expected to be fair.

I've heard both actually, definitely had the glass the correct way up. I heard one edge is bevelled to try to reduce the chance of snagging the gasket at the very top of the boro, seems they were probably talking about the authentic, or just talking nonsense.

Checked the video, actually watched that before when I was looking to get the insider but went with the exocet instead. That is exactly the way I do it, except I juice the gasket and dip the glass. Everything slides nicely, but two hours later it seems as though all lubricant has buggered off and I can't understand it. One refill it took me 5 minutes to slide the glass open, I kid you not, I had a solid grip too, wasn't sliding on liquid or condensation.

I was expecting masses of condensation, the way people make out. Wasn't too bad in 4-5 hours use I got, but I suppose it depends on use and whether MTL or DL.

For now I have the answers I need, best case scenario that it isn't normal. When everything is back up and running again I'll do some experimentation.

Hopefully you can get it all sorted. I know the feeling when you get excited about something and it all goes wrong at first. Horrible! Good thing is you’ve already seen what it can do from trying your mates out and so you have a good benchmark to aim for.
Was wondering if you can go and see him and go through a build together? The one thing you can’t ever see from a review is just how the cotton goes in and what’s the right amount. Might be worth it so you can feel the right sort of resistance on the coil and get it to the same vape you first tried.

Good luck and keep us posted as to how you get on!! :)

Hopefully you can get it all sorted. I know the feeling when you get excited about something and it all goes wrong at first. Horrible! Good thing is you’ve already seen what it can do from trying your mates out and so you have a good benchmark to aim for.
Was wondering if you can go and see him and go through a build together? The one thing you can’t ever see from a review is just how the cotton goes in and what’s the right amount. Might be worth it so you can feel the right sort of resistance on the coil and get it to the same vape you first tried.

Good luck and keep us posted as to how you get on!! :)

I met the guy through riding bikes, he's part owner of a vape shop, got a nice 10% discount for bikers too, still never visited, keep meaning too. I only see him occasionally and he only pops into the shop to open and close it. Next time I catch him on the bike I'll definitely get him to help me out.

On a plus note, huge thanks to @Rickster, he only went and sent me a new black boro and a spare glass, lifesaver. Was only expecting a replacement glass. Me and the Exocet are going for round three in a moment.

Only the authentic Billet Box glass have a bevel on the leading edge of one side of the boro glass to help alleviate gasket pinching. The SXK variant does not, however I have about 12 or so SXK boros and a couple of them are a little tighter than the rest. I always lube the gasket at each refill and wipe off the excess juice that gets pushed out when the glass is slid back up. I've never had any issues with leaking with any of the SXK clone RBA's (Exocet, Vapeshell, Insider) just normal condensation underneath the tank which gets wiped out once daily.

Stick with it, I was having the same problem for a while but I find that after a fill, sometimes there's enough juice coming through the airflow hole to flood the BB and come out of the holes on the body.
This is the main reason that I remove the Boro from the body to fill it. Usually, I sit the Boro upright on a kitchen towel until it stops, usually a few drips is all that come out.
I don't use any airflow restrictors and I wick it as per the normal method of snipping the corners in line with the Vapeshell, but it can still happen if I fill the Boro while in the body. Clones and originals are both the same and I found the same thing could happen with the Exocet.

Stick with it, I was having the same problem for a while but I find that after a fill, sometimes there's enough juice coming through the airflow hole to flood the BB and come out of the holes on the body.
This is the main reason that I remove the Boro from the body to fill it. Usually, I sit the Boro upright on a kitchen towel until it stops, usually a few drips is all that come out.
I don't use any airflow restrictors and I wick it as per the normal method of snipping the corners in line with the Vapeshell, but it can still happen if I fill the Boro while in the body. Clones and originals are both the same and I found the same thing could happen with the Exocet.
I have rattled my brain to figure out why some folk remove the tank for refills ... is this the reason why? When you say airflow hole, do you mean the juice is getting past your wicking and down the atty's airflow? If so, then the deck is flooding, ergo we're talking about wicking errors, not a leaky tank.

I have rattled my brain to figure out why some folk remove the tank for refills ... is this the reason why? When you say airflow hole, do you mean the juice is getting past your wicking and down the atty's airflow? If so, then the deck is flooding, ergo we're talking about wicking errors, not a leaky tank.

Before the REV 4 Billet Box I think that was the standard way to fill the old boro's so a lot of people fill them that way from old habits I think?

I can't understand how, I'm not saying that isn't the case, just don't understand it. I wick it as per the vid from Nature Vapes Mark. When you guys build, do you put a couple of drips on the new wick...? If I use any less cotton in a build I tend to find it will dry out.

Before the REV 4 Billet Box I think that was the standard way to fill the old boro's so a lot of people fill them that way from old habits I think?

Only ever used a rev 4, I just found that it helped with that few drips messing up the BB.

Update, third time lucky, exocet is running really good. Using 6 spaced wraps of 26g ni80 around a 2.5mm, 0.6ohms and 20w. Airflow wide open and she's running great restricted DL.

I was previously using 3mm coils in it and either getting dry hits or leaking. This time I went to 2.5mm and used the Scottish Roll with Muji. Zero signs of a dry hit.

I will update on the new boro when it comes to the first refill as that is my last niggly issue.

Back
Top Bottom