What's new

How To Build an aqua using micro coil and cotton

breakbystealth

Postman
First off this is my way of building the aqua, im not saying this is the best or right way but it works for me and hopefully it will work for anyone that follows my guide.

I want to give credit here to Todd and riptripper as without the great videos they both put on youtube for us all to learn from I would have never been able to do this guide so massive thanks for all the hard work time and effort you both put in, you are a true credit to every vaper out there so keep up the good work guys.

Last point i want to make is this...... If you want to comment/ thank/ flame thats fine, but if anyone thinks im doing something wrong or knows a better method please let me know so i can correct or update this post so its always giving good direction to the reader.

So here we go, thanks for reading and hopefully this will help and make some sense.............

First you will need.........
CAM00029_zpsymd8tjel.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

From left to right for those who need a clue ;)
1. screwdriver ( the pins in my aqua can be tightened by hand but you may need it for yours )
2. tweezers
3.14 Gauge needle which I use for wrapping my micro coils
4. Cotton wool for the wick
5. Nail clippers for cutting wire
6. Some .30mm kanthal available from the legend that is Rob @stealthvape (shameless plug there)
7. The Aqua :)

STEP 1
CAM00030_zpsjvfdoxto.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Cut two pieces of kanthal (put them next to the tweezers so you get an idea of how much to use as i dont have a ruler at hand) for the two coils your about to build, if your not sure how to build a micro coil check out riptripper on youtube. There are loads of videos so just google micro coil and find a video that helps you best.

Step 2 making the coils

Once you have found a video and made your coils they should look like this.......
CAM00031_zps8syzhr2k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Not the best I have made but I have been at work for the last 6 days so its the best I can do Today. Now as in the picture i have bent the legs of the coils out to the sides a little as i find this helps seat them better. Coils are 8 or 9 wraps around the 14 gauge needle, this comes in at around .8 ohms once the two coils are mounted. Remember When using dual coils the ohms are halved when using them together ....... if you build two coils that are both 2 ohms each the combined ohms will be 1 ohm once the two coils are mounted!

Step 3 mount the coils

CAM00032_zps0ftyluvf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
As in the picture i mount the coil legs around the inside of the posts and bend them out to the sides.

CAM00033_zpsyuluwwtn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Same with the next coil on the other side. Make sure the coils are close to the posts as you dont want them to make contact with the inner wall of the chimney when you put it back on! Now tighten the screws up so the wires are held in place nice and tight. Now bend the loose wires to the side and fire it up (pulse it to heat the coils).

CAM00036_zps7cbeg2lf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Use the tweezers and gently squeeze the coils to get them nice and tight, do not use to much force! It is easiest just after pulsing :)

Step 4 Making your cotton wicks

CAM00037_zpsqdt3msgr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Rip off 2 pieces of cotton and lightly roll them to fit into the coils, they must not be too tight as this will stop them wicking as well. Remember less is more with cotton as it will expand once the juice is on it.

CAM00038_zpsjn16ach1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

They Should look something like this once you have made them

Step 5 Put them in to the coils

CAM00039_zpsixih2gip.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Carefully slide the cotton wick in to the coil, make sure its a snug fit but not tight.

CAM00040_zpsy8ihey98.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tuck the wick in to the channels. I use the screwdriver or needle to poke it in, make sure its loosely tucked in as this will help the wicking.

CAM00042_zpsektqhnlg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cut the ends of the wick at the end on the channels with the nail clippers (some people leave the bottom of the channels clear but this works for me so if you do it another way then make a guide for me to follow :) )

CAM00043_zpsr1y1lqou.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
JUICE UP THE WICKS BEFORE PUTTING THE CHIMNEY ON AS THE TASTE OF BURNT COTTON IS NOT THE BEST.........

CAM00044_zpsmyjkg2so.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

put the chimney back on and then the tank section, make sure they are both closed right down ( air flow and juice control closed )

CAM00045_zpsnfmmj9ub.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Gently put the top back on, dont push it down to hard as this will force the juice into the air channel and flood it. Once you have the threads lined up stop!

CAM00046_zpsude6ofrm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now turn the tank section as if you are opening the air control up, but make sure the top cap does not turn as you do this. This will both open the airflow and as long as the top cap does not turn as well it should cause the cap to close as the air flow is opened. This is the key to the aqua not flooding as you will not be forcing juice in to the air channel.

Step 6 Make a cloud

Take a few pulls with out firing to make sure its not flooded, this will ensure the wick is covered with juice. If done correctly you will get a clean pull with no gurgles. If you do get a gurgle then a few good vapes should help clear this. As the juice burns off it will help clear out any juice in the airflow.

CAM00053_zps0jikmsxw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Enjoy people, hope this helped. Thanks for reading and feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need a hand with it :)

Last edited:
The coil set up isn't any different to how I've been doing it, but I've been using voodoowool for the wick and haven't been replacing the top the way you did. I've been getting an oooooookayish vape frm it, but nothing you wouldn't expect from a half decent protank or evod. To be honest, I was thinking about getting shot and sticking to Kayfuns, but I'll give this a go tomorrow.

I love the aqua, best tank for me. I have tried cotton, voodoo and ekowool and for me cotton is the best.

EDIT
Right i have just tweeked this a little so as of now im happy with it. Hope this helps and please anyone that uses the guide please comment and let me know if it has helped :)

Last edited:
The only other difference, reading back, is that I am in the habit of flaming my coils and getting them pretty before I mount them. Do you reckon this could be making a difference?

I love the aqua, best tank for me. I have tried cotton, voodoo and ekowool and for me cotton is the best.

Love the Aqua too, but low capacity couple with thirsty dual coils, keeps you topping the bugger up!
I use 3mm silica though. I don't like cotton.

Try it with cotton, I don't really use silica that often now. It's so much better with cotton Motorheaded

Sent from my LG-D802 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Try it with cotton, I don't really use silica that often now. It's so much better with cotton @Motorheaded

Cotton is the Devil, especially on a tank you can't see into!
Trust me, I've used it before. There is a reason I don't like it.

If the build is set up right you should be cool, you should be able to taste it if it's starting to dry and get to the stage it will burn. What happened mucker

I had a KFL "empty" whilst unattended, and a false fire in pocket. Both times, the resulting taste will stay with me forever. lol

Back
Top Bottom