What's new

Burnt Stock Coils! Arrggggghhhh!

Louay

Postman
Another burnt coil! ffs whats wrong!?

As mentioned previously, just bought an IJOY CAPO 100, using stock coils.

Fit new stock coil yesterday, 0.3ohm 40-80w. Primed correctly, as suggested. Filled tank with Crown by At Home Doe and have been happily chuffing at 60w since yesterday. Went through 10ml by this afternoon so decided to change to Crumbleberry by Milkman....problems!

Took coil to examine inner barrel and guess what, i see black after 300 reading on puff count! so not even 48hrs have passed and coil is finished!

What the duck is going wrong! liquid too cold? (being kept in cold kitchen) viscosity of milkman liquid higher than that of first juice used since previous coil change? chuffin to hard? it seemed fine until the change over! Gonna chnage the coil yet again tomorrow and use one liquid for a few days if the coil will last that long arrrrrrgghhhh! My wifes coil, also changed yesterday seems fine!

So annoying! cant keep on replacing these damn stock coils! Shall i go back to the company i got the coils from?!

What to do? Help/advice/knowledge would be greatly appreciated, as always to reaffirm my confidence in new found vape hobby!

Thanks,

Lou

Your crumbleberry is max vg. 99% if I understand the description on the website ! American juice isn't it ? They also love to fill them with sweeteners which isn't good for coils.
No stock coil is going to like max vg.
If you really want to keep using this juice you need to get a dripper or swap to a juice that's 70% vg max

Nothing to add really ..... 90+ VG is never usually going to work well in a tank, especially with stock coils, generally speaking.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but they are exceptions.

Thanks Mick, great advice and yeah US juice which i think i'll save for my SRDA SQUONK on order. Will let you know how i get on with Ocean Ice by Cheap Thrills got 50ml of that so ill keep you updated

Thanks again dude

Lou

http://www.electronic-cigarettesco.co.uk/content/71-why-do-coils-get-burnt

this was of good use too
Lol. You have a type mate. You may need to move to a big rta like the griffin 25 plus or similar. The cheap thrills is lovely and it is 70/30 although fairly viscous but it's loaded with sugar. Not stevia or any other sweetner. Good old fashioned corn syrup like we used to get in pepsi before the fat police ruined everything.
Those coils will gunk up pretty quickly. Also keep your vape somewhere warm. It really makes a huge difference if the liquid gets cold. I had some dinner lady delivered before Christmas and that's always ok but due to it being cold I couldn't even draw it up the pipette. It was like glue. Now it's at room temp it's as good as gold.

@Louay I feel your pain...

I bought the Cleito EXO tank around 6 months ago (having upgraded from the PocketX). I absolutely loved it but occasionally I would buy a pack of 5 x coils for £25 and go through all of them in a week. I was correctly priming them and trying different juices but sometimes you just get a bad batch and there's nothing you can do.... The cost of the coils burning out after 2/3 days pissed me off so much, so I invested in a couple of RTA's

However, I recently bought some EXO coils from Amazon prime and I've had the same coil in the tank for over a month (don't use it all of the time). The life span of that coil is the best i've ever had - so in my experience it's just potluck

That’s why I’ve decided, perhaps prematurely, to go down the RDA route as other posts by me would suggest...well to be precise the SRDA route (Semi Rebuidable - prebuilt coil option or build yourself option from IJOY).

Got the SRDA Squonk kit arriving tomorrow as from my primitive understanding the coils should last longer and are obviously cheaper in the long run than the standard stock 0.3ohm single coils I’m using in my Capo 100 atm. Stopped using any juice higher than 70VG as with the temperature of the weather atm the stock coils can’t absorb anything higher than 70VG, I found this out the other day when I put some 99VG ino my tank and the coil went after about an hour.

I will probably look and a decent RTA once I’ve gained some experience with building then be rid of stock coils completely...I think

Thanks

Lou

@Louay get a vandy vape Kylin Mini and tell us if it's any good

looks like a piece of piss to build on, single coil and good capacity for juice :) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom