What's new

Aspire Pockex issues/advice needed

NewbieGad

Hello all,

First of all I’d like to say what a great forum this looks and I look forward to hearing everyone’s advice on my vape journey (so far) and hopefully I can have some input to other threads down the line
upload_2023-4-10_14-55-37.gif

I’m looking for some advice on my fairly new vape journey.

I’m from the UK and currently trying to transition from smoking 15-16 cigarettes a day to just vaping, but I am currently struggling to find a good setup without getting bored or just getting rid of that proper cigarette craving. I’ve been vaping for just under a year now and pretty much know the ins and outs of how it all works, but just can’t seem to find the right setup or device (yet) so I’m doing both which isn’t good!

I currently have an Aspire Pockex which I actually like the feel of and the simplicity of it. However, this is where I am struggling with the device in terms of the setup and if it’s actually a mouth to lung device as well as a restricted/direct lung which mostly everyone has told me. I have spoken to my local vape shop which has told me the 0.6 coils are better and absolutely fine with Nic salts, but I am unsure of the harshness I am getting from the 0.6 coils which obviously are burning a lot warmer with the higher wattage, but also the flavour is absolutely tasteless!!? There’s just a subtle hint of the flavour and I’ve even got others to try it to see if it’s vape tongue. I’m not sure if you guys could recommend a juice and strength I could possibly try before I consider scrapping the device and finding something else which would also help with my 15 a day smoking. I have also tried the 1.2 coils which arnt as harsh, but the flavour after one fill of liquid is just far too subtle and bland and I can’t change a coil every 1-2 fills because that’s hassle and a lot of money, they also claim for it to be a tighter draw which is absolutely minimal compared to the 0.6. The Nic salts I am trying are from the brand “pod salt” and fruit flavours at 20mg (Nic salt)… the 0.6 coils definitely have slightly better taste, but it’s all very very bland. Tried a few juices which arnt as harsh, but flavour is a massive issue as well

The other device which I have to compare against is the Vaporesso Xros 2, which obviously is an out and out mouth to lung vape with a much much tighter draw which uses mesh coils so the flavour is probably going to blow the Pockex out the water, but the device is just too simple for me now and I want something fairly easy to use and user friendly which is versatile. That’s what the Pockex is better for because of the 0.6 apparently being able to take higher VG liquids if wanted and Nic salts or freebase nicotine. I read somewhere they take the nautilus x coil range too. I just feel there’s something I’m not quite doing right with the pockex in terms of setup and the type of liquid used. I’m slowly coming to the conclusion of trying something like the Aspire Zelos nano which seems an easy kit to use which allows me to mess around abit with setups and juices if I want to and supports MTL and DL. The Vaporesso pod is brilliant for flavour, but all you can use in those things is Nic salts... unless I’m wrong? I just prefer the feel of the Pockex as well, but definitely not the harshness and bland flavour I am getting currently from both Pockex coils.

I hope I have covered everything and I look forward to hearing from you guys. Have a great day
upload_2023-4-10_14-55-37.gif

Hello @NewbieGad welcome to the forum, I just couldn’t get on with the Pockex either with advice I got myself a Innokin Adept Zlide very nice kit it uses Z coils and the 1.2 coil is ideal for giving up smoking though for some it can be a bit heavy as it has an internal 3000 mah battery Innokin also do a range of smaller kits like the Coolfire Z 50 but take a look at their range of kits but I know the Zlide tank gives good flavour and the coils last. Good luck on your vaping journey.

As an afterthought I can’t use Nic salts so I use 50/50 freebase eliquid so I hope this helps.

You can pick up a Zelos Nano for a tenner at ifancyone so at that price it's worth a punt.

@TP 72 Out of interest what issues were you having with the Pockex? Similar to what I suggested?

mill definitely look at the Innokin kit. Thankyou!

@TP 72 Out of interest what issues were you having with the Pockex? Similar to what I suggested?

mill definitely look at the Innokin kit. Thankyou!
Much the same as you get with the Pockex the 0.6 coil seem to get to hot sounded like a fish fryer I just couldn’t get on with it. I switched to the Innokin Adept and it was great, I have a couple of other Innokin kits as well. I also have a couple of Voopoo Argus pod devices and the Argus P1 which are excellent kits for MTL vaping if you fancy a pod kit.

Back
Top Bottom