What's new

Hi Vapers

Part of what has always stopped me going back to smoking is the taste and the stink it leaves behind.

I never would have imagined how horrible it is to me now, I used to smoke in my home and everything. I think I'd quit for about a month when the taste and smell thing flipped in my brain. If I have one now I still (kind of) enjoy it but I hate the taste leaves in my mouth which stops me having another. It's almost like I'll have one a year just to remind me how awful it is.

It really is vile, I know as a smoker it doesn't seem that way and I smoked for 35 years, but once you break that cycle ... it's so repugnant. ... and that's coming from someone who enjoys vaping tobacco flavours.

It's so ironic that some people think they can't find a vape flavour they like.

Smoking really messes with your sense of taste and smell.

The first time you smell tomato and garlic pasta sauce as a non-smoker you'll be amazed.

Welcome to the forum! I found it so hard! I quit for a few months cold turkey and gradually got back to 20 a day. But I knew it wasn't the nicotine as that had well and truly left me. The habit is the hardest thing to break and to be honest I was just relieved to not have to try gum again. I thought a £14 vape pen and a few bottles of tobacco flavour and I'd be set for weeks at a time...wrong! Took me some time to find my kit and flavours but I'm there and you can be too. The smell of smoke still sets my heart racing but I tried one and they are gross once you've been away a few months. Find something you really like, maybe a morning and a night flavour and jump when you feel ready. Once you've stopped proper you probably won't need to go back. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom