What's new

CALL TO ACTION: The WHO is planning a global assault on vaping

Toby iVapour

Vendor
From the New Nicotine Alliance (NNA) -
https://nnalliance.org/nnanews/news...zation-is-planning-a-global-assault-on-vaping
Today, we are calling on our supporters, consumers of reduced risk nicotine products, and others who understand the benefits of harm reduction to act on significant threats planned by the World Health Organization (WHO) later this year.

These include:
  • A ban on all open system vaping products
  • A ban of all flavours except tobacco
  • A ban on nicotine salts in vaping products
  • Regulating products so that they are all exactly the same and restrict delivery of nicotine
  • Demanding that countries around the world treat vaping and heated tobacco products the same as combustible tobacco
  • Taxation at the same rate as cigarettes, banning use where smoking is prohibited, large graphic health warnings, plain packaging, and a ban on all advertising, promotion and sponsorship
We have listed the threats in more detail in this file along with accompanying quotations from WHO documents which will be the basis for discussion at a global conference to be held in November. We have also produced a playlist of animations explaining the threats.

Although that seems a long way off, we must ACT NOW to get our voices heard. Plans for the meeting are already in progress and by the time the agenda is published in September it will be too late.

Apparently, member states like the UK are bound by law to apply the proposals.

i doubt this will happen

Let's hope it won't...

The crazy thing is that the WHO want (or maybe I should say demand) a ban on all open systems and a ban on all flavours except tobacco.. and everybody else wants a ban on disposables...
.. well, that's not gonna leave much fucking left!

Why can’t the Fuckers just leave us alone, most of us have given up smoking for Vapes they want a smoke free country what more do they want. Blood I reckon.

won't happen.

Conventional Tobacco would also have to be banned, or not sold loose etc.

won't happen.

Conventional Tobacco would also have to be banned, or not sold loose etc.

i think this is correct.

there’s no trace of this anywhere other than the article quoted either. i’ll await confirmation elsewhere but even if true and accurate, i don’t think it will ever happen.

Back
Top Bottom