What's new

Clone mech

Ciaran

Postman
I've been looking at getting a tube mod, just cause of the form factor. (and to see what the fuss is about)
I saw the broadside and it looked interesting, clutch button and not a hybrid

I saw a clone broadside on fastech and a velocity rda which I'm considering getting just to test if it's something that suits. I can always trade up later.

Would this set up be OK for a first time mech user?

In my opinion yes, it would be a good choice. As well as not being hybrid I believe it also has the non conductive lining inside, which is another safety feature you don’t often see.

As long as you are not trying anything too silly buildwise to begin with, your batteries are up to the job, and you are happy that your build is safe (coils installed properly, not going to short etc) then all is fine.

The main thing with any clone mech I’ve had is that they always need a good check over and clean before being used. Make sure there is no burrs and take the switch apart too. Ensure everything is as clean as possible (particularly the contacts and any threading).

[emoji16]

In my opinion yes, it would be a good choice. As well as not being hybrid I believe it also has the non conductive lining inside, which is another safety feature you don’t often see.

As long as you are not trying anything too silly buildwise to begin with, your batteries are up to the job, and you are happy that your build is safe (coils installed properly, not going to short etc) then all is fine.

[emoji16]
I think I have got it sorted, I will be using 30q or VTC6 batteries which are 19a
If I use 2.5ohm or higher it should equate to 17a or less for a higher resistance.

Yep, should be fine then. If budget allows I would pick up a couple of LG HB6’s, Sony VTC5a’s or the vapcell batteries. Just to give yourself more headroom. [emoji106]

If/once I convince myself to go for it, and I do like or prefer this type of mod I will bear that in mind, cheers.

The mech mod market is on it's arse at the moment. There are plenty of bargain authentic tubes available for sale. For me it would always be used authentic vs new clone.

I've been looking at getting a tube mod, just cause of the form factor. (and to see what the fuss is about)
I saw the broadside and it looked interesting, clutch button and not a hybrid

I saw a clone broadside on fastech and a velocity rda which I'm considering getting just to test if it's something that suits. I can always trade up later.

Would this set up be OK for a first time mech user?

To save you some time and money, you might want to ask if anyone in your local vape shops has a mech you can try out, or even if there is a nearby Ape with one.

As is, aye a decent Broadside clone is a good start. The Velocity will look a bit daft on top - Broadside is 25mm across, the Velo is 22mm. but a good start: easy to build on and nice airflow.
As @tobywonkanobi said, when the tube arrives do give it a very thorough clean and inspection. Swab off all the threads, make sure the clutch bits are smooth and burr free. Check the inner delrin/plastic tube as well. Any concerns, post pix on here and ask!!

Your cells are not the best really for a tube, if you do keep on with #mechlife, get the ones toby said. And get some SS or Ni80 wire, 0.5mm is a good kick off. Don't be too bothered about fancy coils the now as they are not always the best of stuff on a mech.

If you do get a Broadside don't let the reverse threading on the top contact bamboozle you. It's been known to happen ;)

Back
Top Bottom