What's new

Cloud chasers bringing vaping into disrepute?

muggo

Postman
Here's a thread that may set the cat among the pigeons:
My local pub has recently placed a notice on the front door saying that vaping isn't permitted inside.
I've been in contact with the owner (who owns several pubs & a brewery) & he replied with a nice email pointing out that as an ex smoker he had no strong opinions on vaping until a cloud chaser annoyed so many other folks in the pub by producing huge plumes of vape, that he banned it to prevent arguments & possibly even fights breaking out.
Personally, I'm a discreet vaper in pubs as there are many folks who still feel it's harmful to their health. I enjoy vaping without the need to produce clouds.
Why can't cloud chasers keep their vaping subtle in marginal environments such as pubs? It's giving us a bad name.
Just to be clear, by cloud chasers I mean inconsiderate vapers who think it's acceptable to produce vast plumes indoors in public places such as pubs. If you want to chase clouds in other situations, I have no issue at all.

Last edited:
firstly I would agree with the few spoiling it for the many, but I don't agree with it being "cloud chasers" as such, more the idiots who think it's ok to do it in these places, there are many people who like to blow clouds where appropriate, there is a difference between "cloud chasers" and idiots. imo

I am literally the smoke machine in the bar that I work at, I'm a lot more cost affective and reliable than both maplin level toy foggers and the £400+ beasts.

firstly I would agree with the few spoiling it for the many, but I don't agree with it being "cloud chasers" as such, more the idiots who think it's ok to do it in these places, there are many people who like to blow clouds where appropriate, there is a difference between "cloud chasers" and idiots. imo
Agreed. By cloud chasers, I meant those that have no subtlety indoors in public places. With the anti vaping lobby gaining strength, we could help ourselves more.

Are all inconsiderate vapers cloud chasers? Are all cloud chasers inconsiderate vapers? I don't think so.

Agreed. By cloud chasers, I meant those that have no subtlety indoors in public places. With the anti vaping lobby gaining strength, we could help ourselves more.

unfortunately there will always be some inconsiderate people in all walks of life

That cat has been among those pigeons many times.
The consensus is that being inconsiderate of other people is a bad thing.

I was in my local chucking some clouds last night, quite simply I asked the barman if I could and being a caper himself said "its OK but watch the fire alarms". If he have said no I would have been happy to go outside really.

Boils down to one thing and that is upto each individual how they wish to vape not someone trying to tell everyone else how they should or shouldn't.
Do the people who get annoyed ever think that they could be annoying people themselves, or is it all just self self self.
I vape how i choose but mostly at home so no one has the right to moan, it's my home not theirs, if i do go out somewhere then i just go outside and if someone where to moan then they get told politlely to fuck off and mind their own business unless they want me to start commenting about them and what they are doing.

wouldn't mind if people where blowing large plumes of vapour then running after it so cloud chasing is a rubbish term, it should be called something different. Ie just subohm vapers

Back
Top Bottom