What's new

Coil help

nickwillyhams

I'm looking at getting a velocity RDA as Ive already read some great reviews but I'm unsure of where to start with coils. Il be running it on my 60w MVP to start with and I'm thinking of going for a build around the 0.4 ohm mark? I want to know what gauge wire I should be starting with, how many winds etc and whether the MVP mod is going to be up to the job. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

You can search for a coil calculator which gives a good idea. I like 24 gauge but that's just me. Guess depends what type of coils you wanna make

I brought a mix of prebuilt coils off eBay for mine and as of yet staggered Clapton and zipper coils are my favourite

I'm looking at getting a velocity RDA as Ive already read some great reviews but I'm unsure of where to start with coils. Il be running it on my 60w MVP to start with and I'm thinking of going for a build around the 0.4 ohm mark? I want to know what gauge wire I should be starting with, how many winds etc and whether the MVP mod is going to be up to the job. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Y'all going to want to looksee thro this page: Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Put some numbers in and see what comes out. It will make sense the more you do it. Honest!

Personally, 0.4mm will do for you. A couple of 6 wrap around a 3mm bit in a Velocity (~0.45ohms!) will give you much pleasure. The chap at work who liberated my spare Velocity has that build in it on his 50W iStick and that doesn't strain his battery that much.

Do watch a few coil building videos on the youtube thingy and please use the ever fragrant stealthvape for buying the wire and cotton for wicking - not only great kit but a damned efficient service too! :D

As above, bookmark steam engine or get the app. I also used this as a guide. When picking a gauge of wire remember that more metal equals more ramp up time to heat up.

Attachments

• 1444944084256.jpg
    1444944084256.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom