What's new

GTI Coil Burnout

Initiate
Hi

I recently went on to a Vaporesso iTank2 coil and GTI coils 0.2 coils. I use it with an Aegis Legend mod.
Running the device around 30w but and mainly been using liquids by Doozy..with normal nic shots (not salt) The coils start tasting bad after a day or 2 days.. and at £15 for 5 at my local shop its very expensive. I do prime the coils by dripping liquid into the holes, and i let it sit in the tank for 5 minutes to soak in before using it.. i try to keep the tank topped up so it doesnt go dry.

I went on to this coil and tank as i read people getting several days per coil. I do vape quite regularly, so im not sure if it's my fault for overusing, or if its the liquid im buying? Its like a £10/12 a bottle but i'm thinking if i bought some stuff at say £16 a bottle but it didn't burn my coils out on a daily basis that it would be cheaper in the long run.
Or maybe a different ohm coil would be more long lasting? or lower wattage?
I'm just about to change my coil again now and i did this around the same time yesterday.

Maybe someone can help with advice or who also has this combination and can share their thoughts and liquids?

Thanks

Last edited:
The coils are usually around £10 for five online.
I run the 0.2 coils at 55w. As i have a few on the go, i don't know how long they last in time. I get between 1000 to 2500 puffs per coil, depending on the juice. An average puff for me is 2,7-3.0 seconds.

Mine are used on a Vaporesso mod on the Smart/FT setting.

Edit. I have 6 ITank 2s in front of me right now, and i'm vaping Mad Hatters I love popcorn, Supergood Butter No 2, Prime Vapes Strawberry Cannoli, Brews Bros Holy Trinity, Digbys Spearmint and Supergood Butter No9 all at 70/30.

Last edited:
I'm not a dtl vaper so no experience with these coils but the 0.2ohm is rated at 60-75w so you won't be burning it out at 30w. What VG/PG ratio is your e-liquid, 70/30?

2 days, something doesnt sound right.
if the juice is high in sweetner then that doesnt help.

youve done the priming right but after its sat for a while do you go straight in at 30watt.
always a good idea to bed the coil in first so start at least half of what you are intending to vape at. so if you vape 30w then start on 15w. you wont get any cloud or flavour but the coil is still heating up inside and bedding in the cotton then turn up a watt every couple of puffs until you reach your sweetspot.
dont think ive tried the 0.5 but the 0.4 was pants, for me anyway. 0.2 and 0.15 is all i use now but like above its difficult to say how long its lasting as ive got 5 kits on the go all day so rotating all the time.
maybe up it to 40-45 watt which is what i use at the mo and even at that wattage your still way below the recommended 60-75.

0.15 Ohm Coil (75 - 90W):
0.2 Ohm Coil (60 - 75W):
0.4 Ohm Coil (50 - 60W):
0.5 Ohm Coil (30 - 45W):

When I was using the iTank I'd get 3-5 days max out of a GTI 0.2ohm coil, running them around 45-55W. That's vaping all day with very sweet dessert liquids though.

I'd love to use them all the time but it does work out quite pricey so I just stick with mesh RTAs as I don't want to not vape my favourite liquids just to make coils last longer.

When I was using the iTank I'd get 3-5 days max out of a GTI 0.2ohm coil, running them around 45-55W. That's vaping all day with very sweet dessert liquids though.

I'd love to use them all the time but it does work out quite pricey so I just stick with mesh RTAs as I don't want to not vape my favourite liquids just to make coils last longer.
Maybe the coils last longer if you're not just chaining the one coil?

Doozy liquids are decent, but heavy on the sweeteners which do kill coils.

Maybe the coils last longer if you're not just chaining the one coil?

i wondered this too .. but dont know ... maybe i need to stop using it so much and letting it cool down inbetween a bit more maybe..

Back
Top Bottom