What's new

Tell Me About Rebuildables

Initiate
Hello

I'm spending way too much on coils and only getting 500 puffs from my GTI/Vaporesso. Ive tried different liquids, different wattages etc .. a new coil every 2 days at best at £10 for 5 is expensive guys...but that's a different story..

I remember years ago when i was into vaping the first time around i used to get some cotton wool stuff and make new wicks myself. This was around 10 yers ago and i'm geussing things maybe have moved on since then (or maybe not?)

I'd like to know a bit more about rebuildables in 2023/24. Good setups - prices - ease of making new ones (would rather things not be too fiddly if possible)

My mod is an aegis legend so need something to fit that. Maybe you could help me to understand what the options for it are.

Thanks

I imagine you'd be after a rdtl/dtl rta and I'm sure others who vape that style can help. As to coils you can make your own or buy pre-made ones to wick yourself, either way they'll be cheaper than stock coils.

From the "bits" required to build your own, really all you need is some Wire, search for stealthvape. If you want to go down the route of being as cost effective as possible, 2 Drill Bits, one at 2.5 diameter and one at 3. For cutting the wire a pair of Nail Clippers and then all you'll need is some cotton. The beauty of rebuilding your own is that Wire and Cotton will last for ages.

I'll leave it to others to recommend a Tank as the types I favour will probably not be quite what you'd want. :)

I imagine you'd be after a rdtl/dtl rta and I'm sure others who vape that style can help. As to coils you can make your own or buy pre-made ones to wick yourself, either way they'll be cheaper than stock coils.

Hi @Netvaper Please forgive me but i don't know what "rdtl/dtl rta" means.. My device is a Mouth To Lung and i'd like to get a tank that's also the same as that if possible... cos i'm guessing you need to get a "special" tank to do it and you cant just modify them without a degree of engineering/ Mad Max style expertise (which i sadly don't...its a Vaporesso I2Tank just for info)

From the "bits" required to build your own, really all you need is some Wire, search for stealthvape. If you want to go down the route of being as cost effective as possible, 2 Drill Bits, one at 2.5 diameter and one at 3. For cutting the wire a pair of Nail Clippers and then all you'll need is some cotton. The beauty of rebuilding your own is that Wire and Cotton will last for ages.

I'll leave it to others to recommend a Tank as the types I favour will probably not be quite what you'd want. :)

Hi @Rob I'm really into having a stash of "bits" and being as cost effective as possible. I did use to get the cotton and do my own years ago on an old Ego style tank in the days when it was mainly Hangsen liquids...Wow.. it seems such a long time ago now....there wasn't any wire involved back then though.. it was just a case of rolling it between thumb and forefinger and threading it into the tank as far as i remember.

As an aside i lived in Hull at the time and there wasn't a single vape shop in the town and i had to drive to Bridlington to buy juice from a shop. I bet theres a dozen shops there now..

Times have changed a very great deal in recent years ;)

I can’t find it, but there was a very comprehensive thread here recently that covered just about everything you’d ever need to know about rebuildables. Maybe someone with a better search technique than I could link to it?

It's a brilliant thread... but long.. 39 pages.. im reading it through but have only managed to get to page 6 so far..
I need to put together a shopping list....

Back
Top Bottom