What's new

Coil Master V3 kit issue

koowal

Postman
Hi all, I hope someone will be able to help me out with this.
I've ordered two kits from Amazon and they both felt cheap as hell (I had one around 4 years ago and these just didn't fee right). I believe they were both clones but it's just my opinion after experiencing so many issues. In the first kit the tab had loose slot for 18650 and (after fixing the slot) was also unable to fire the coil no matter how many times I've swapped the battery. I've returned it and got myself a second kit thinking I might've been unlucky, but this time I've ended up with ceramic tweezers that snapped as soon as I've touched the coil and same issues with the tab's slot - however after fixing it I was able to fire it up.
I don't know if those scratch codes in the back of the box are supposed to mean anything but neither of them worked on the manufacturer's website.
Can someone please point me at the right direction or provide direct links?
TIA

To be perfectly honest I suspect that the kits you got were genuine.
I've had 3 different versions of the coil master kits and the quality steadily got worse.
The tab in particular in the most recent one I bought (last year) was downright dangerous.

If you're looking for a good quality kit, look for the vapefly masterful kit.
A good quality buld tab is the BP mods futon ohm tab

Between the two you'll spend a little more but you'll have much better quality.

Thanks for both suggestions @Phrasing I've had a look for the kit but by far I've only found some dodgy websites with really poor reviews. Looks a quality product that, and I'll definitely buy it as soon as I'll find some reliable and trustworthy source.
Tab looks also solid so definitely will go to the basket this week.
God I wish I didn't have a joint account - I can feel the storm is coming haha

I've ordered two kits from Amazon and they both felt cheap as hell (I had one around 4 years ago and these just didn't fee right). I believe they were both clones but it's just my opinion after experiencing so many issues. In the first kit the tab had loose slot for 18650 and (after fixing the slot) was also unable to fire the coil no matter how many times I've swapped the battery. I've returned it and got myself a second kit thinking I might've been unlucky, but this time I've ended up with ceramic tweezers that snapped as soon as I've touched the coil and same issues with the tab's slot - however after fixing it I was able to fire it up.
I don't know if those scratch codes in the back of the box are supposed to mean anything but neither of them worked on the manufacturer's website.
TIA
I think @Phrasing has it.
Whilst all my 521 mini v2 tabs have been fine. Ive had two 521 tabs, by far my fave to build on, fail with reading resistance. They also have no protections, at all!
I’ve always found the Coilmaster ceramic tweezers extremely good. And haven’t broke one set yet. Though a set that came in a Vandy vape set, broke much as you describe.
Now if the code doesn’t work (it has with any I’ve bought) I suspect you may have a clone.
Could you possibly post a pic of the tab, please. (Just click copy in you own gallery, then simply paste it into your post, here) that’ll give us the best idea about what you’ve bought.

+one for the Futon. from me.
Though I’ve now graduated the a independent mods 93Tab from @stealthvape.

Thanks for both suggestions @Phrasing I've had a look for the kit but by far I've only found some dodgy websites with really poor reviews. Looks a quality product that, and I'll definitely buy it as soon as I'll find some reliable and trustworthy source.
Tab looks also solid so definitely will go to the basket this week.
God I wish I didn't have a joint account - I can feel the storm is coming haha
I would have linked the vapefly kit but I received it as a gift so I'm not sure where from.
I know that ecigone occasionally re stocks them so you could maybe email them and ask of they are getting any more. I know other members on here have had them and it's by far the best quality kit I've ever used.

The tab is by no means top of the range, you can find build tabs that are custom made with dna boards lol, it is reliable though I've never had any issues with my one.

Humm. I’ve an unused Vapefly mini kit. I’m may consider letting go of. Though looking at the price, if you can get one, buy new.
I’ve also a genuine, and fully working, V2 Coilmaster 521 tab. But again. A new Futon wouldn’t cost you much more, so on balance, I’d buy new.

@RAPTOREX wish I've read your post earlier as I've just came back from the Amazon locker after dropping the return so can't really take a photo now.
In terms of purchases I'll go for new stuff and tell my Mrs that's my birthday present. I'll message ecigone as @Phrasing mentioned and wait with my fingers crossed. For now I've got coil master v2 mini to keep me going so I should easily survive until the big kit is within my reach and I can always build on my mod

@RAPTOREX wish I've read your post earlier as I've just came back from the Amazon locker after dropping the return so can't really take a photo now.
In terms of purchases I'll go for new stuff and tell my Mrs that's my birthday present. I'll message ecigone as @Phrasing mentioned and wait with my fingers crossed. For now I've got coil master v2 mini to keep me going so I should easily survive until the big kit is within my reach and I can always build on my mod
Let me/us know if we can help, in any way.

TIA

if you are after a decent coil tab that aint going to break the bank then the BP mods futon Ohm tab is a good shout i Got mine from vaping101 for £22 works fine feels well built & had no issues with quality.

https://vaping101.co.uk/products/bp-mods-futon-ohm-tab?variant=42787637559451

Back
Top Bottom