What's new

Considering buying my first Mech...

silken

Postman
I've got a desire to try out a mech mod. I have been watching a few videos on battery safety and ohms law etc. Are there any particular mods you would recommend as a first purchase? I was considering the Saga mini?

I do like the look of it... That black and purple, but... I'll have to see if my work bonus is a healthy one this year before pulling the trigger lol
I've written a review for it, that might help.
I'll tag you when I post it.

First question is why do you want a mech? What are you trying to achieve? I have a had few over the years and they are good for RDA's but modern regulated mods are just as good, dont get me wrong they are fun and a learning curve, but,,,,,,,,,,

I'm pretty set in my ways so i don't like to use an rda on a regulated device.
The hand feel of a tube mech is a comforting thing, kind of like using a pipe.
Then there is the matchy matchy fun to be had.

bring it all together and it's not better or worse than using an rta on a regulated mod, just different.

For your first I'd look at something like the Heavy Hitter, quick release, lockable switch and a lined battery compartment.

A good first step down the mechanical route is try bypass mode on one of your regulated devices.
Don't get me wrong it's not the same as using a mech but it'll give you an idea of what it's like.

Another option is to buy something like the Vapefly Seigfried 21700 tube mod. Basically it's just a posh Smok stick mod but with a replaceable battery that is bypass only and has basic protections and you can switch it off and pocket carry with impunity. You still have to use Ohms Law and tailor the build to a specific resistance to get the vape you want but the worst thing that can happen is it will refuse to fire if your build is too low or give a feeble underpowered vape if it's too high. As they are now yesterdays news they can be found for under £30.

If you're determined to go for a mech, I'd avoid 'high end' for a first one just in case you decide it's not for you and look at the mainstream China offerings.

Back
Top Bottom