What's new

Coronavirus UK Daily Statistics

928 new cases last 24hrs.

At this rate we will be seeing 10,000 New cases per week in a few days.

Seem to be going backwards.

Surely though, if testing is increasing there will be more cases found.
At the moment I think mortality rate (deaths) is the defining figure.

Surely though, if testing is increasing there will be more cases found.
At the moment I think mortality rate (deaths) is the defining figure.
The volume of testing in the UK has only marginally increased since June 1st by a few thousand.
We were testing roughly 145,000 per day in June and just over 150,000 per day through July.

I believe the case data on worldometers is compiled from recording hospital admissions only and not all positive tests so testing data is irrelevant for the case data.

Last edited:
I think you will find that that dubious honour is held by America.
We went to having the highest excess mortality rate per capita in the world yesterday.
20200805_053529.jpg

Last edited:
We went to having the highest excess mortality rate per capita in the world yesterday.
View attachment 225374

As several people have said already in this thread, what figures do you believe to be accurate, and importantly what is the best one to use if making a comparison.
For example there are notable omissions in that chart, China, Russia, India, etc.
Take it to a different level, by city, New York topped that the last time I looked.
You have to take in a wide range of demographics before making a comparison.
Take my county, Central Beds, has one of the lowest infection, and death rates in the country, but Luton & Bedford (local authorities in their own right) have some of the highest.
The picture painted in that bar chart is to simplistic.

As several people have said already in this thread, what figures do you believe to be accurate, and importantly what is the best one to use if making a comparison.
For example there are notable omissions in that chart, China, Russia, India, etc.
Take it to a different level, by city, New York topped that the last time I looked.
You have to take in a wide range of demographics before making a comparison.
Take my county, Central Beds, has one of the lowest infection, and death rates in the country, but Luton & Bedford (local authorities in their own right) have some of the highest.
The picture painted in that bar chart is to simplistic.

Whatever way you look at it's hardly a good chart to be topping.

Whatever way you look at it's hardly a good chart to be topping.

Agreed, but they are all so different what one do you use as a definitive comparison, it's impossible, you just have to make sure, as best you can that you don't end up on the statistics as the father of one of my friends did a few weeks ago.

Stay lucky :)

Agreed, but they are all so different what one do you use as a definitive comparison, it's impossible, you just have to make sure, as best you can that you don't end up on the statistics as the father of one of my friends did a few weeks ago.

Stay lucky :)

It still shows that it's nowhere near over it and it's been handled poorly. The daily numbers are already increasing again where we still get them.

Back
Top Bottom