What's new

Coronavirus UK Daily Statistics

yeah, it's nonsense .... there's a case where someone was literally hit by bus that was counted as a covid death because they tested positive. There was also a case very early on before lockdown where the family were saying "No, they didn't die of Covid" and everyone was just dismissing them. @zouzounaki you are being played mate. They used these stats to justify the lockdown and they are using the new stats to justify the easing.
spin doctorin British English

NOUN
informal
a person who provides a favourable slant to an item of news, potentially unpopular policy, etc, esp on behalf of a political personality or party
Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers

spin doctorin American English

US
Slang
a person employed as by a politician to use spin in interpreting information or events so as to present them in a favorable light
Webster’s New World College Dictionary, 4th Edition. Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.

Either way it's not made THAT much difference. When they changed the total count it dropped from a total of around 45,000 to around 40,000.

........... and no, I'm not bored of looking at the figures, you see patterns emerging. And I now know a lot more about various country populations than I did.

This is why the excess death rate is most reliable and if you go by that it's worse than what they are reporting. The lockdown was too late and let up too early. Round 2 would be coming too but we cant afford it. It's now just a case of let's just go with the flow and make it sound like we're doing stuff when really we have no clue and don't like what the people with a bit of a clue are saying so we'll just distribute the blame as and when needed and hope we get away with it.

This is why the excess death rate is most reliable and if you go by that it's worse than what they are reporting. The lockdown was too late and let up too early. Round 2 would be coming too but we cant afford it. It's now just a case of let's just go with the flow and make it sound like we're doing stuff when really we have no clue and don't like what the people with a bit of a clue are saying so we'll just distribute the blame as and when needed and hope we get away with it.
The total is, but I believe the excess death rates in the UK now are below 'normal' ........... which doesn't help get a clear picture of what's happening either?

The total is, but I believe the excess death rates in the UK now are below 'normal' ........... which doesn't help get a clear picture of what's happening either?
It gives a clear picture that the government aren't up to their jobs and should be held to account for the shambolic handling of it. Last we had reliable figures it was over 65k deaths above year on year average and when people started asking questions they just shut down.

It gives a clear picture that the government aren't up to their jobs and should be held to account for the shambolic handling of it. Last we had reliable figures it was over 65k deaths above year on year average and when people started asking questions they just shut down.
That's the thing with figures ................ it depends what you want them to say! :D

For sure... the death rates on the roads are well below 'normal' because people are travelling less and less people are travelling.

Unsurprisingly deaths from drink and drugs of people at festivals has noticeably dropped this year too. :19:

Just throw out numbers, throw out another way of looking it. Count these deaths, but not those deaths..... its pathetic, they cant even keep a track of how badly they have fucked it up because they just keep looking for a way that makes them look good and that would be impossible because you cant polish a turd. They should be going to jail for criminal negligence.

Just throw out numbers, throw out another way of looking it. Count these deaths, but not those deaths..... its pathetic, they cant even keep a track of how badly they have fucked it up because they just keep looking for a way that makes them look good and that would be impossible because you cant polish a turd. They should be going to jail for criminal negligence.
Who do you want to work the figures out to make that stick? :D

Back
Top Bottom