What's new

Coronavirus UK Daily Statistics

yeah, it's nonsense .... there's a case where someone was literally hit by bus that was counted as a covid death because they tested positive. There was also a case very early on before lockdown where the family were saying "No, they didn't die of Covid" and everyone was just dismissing them. @zouzounaki you are being played mate. They used these stats to justify the lockdown and they are using the new stats to justify the easing.
i don’t think they inflated statistics to justify the lockdown, but you are right that they are trying to down play them now.

i agree with @TheLiqidator , from what various opinions from experts i’ve seen excess deaths seems the most useful way to estimate it.

i don’t think they inflated statistics to justify the lockdown, but you are right that they are trying to down play them now.

i agree with @TheLiqidator , from what various opinions from experts i’ve seen excess deaths seems the most useful way to estimate it.
It is on an overall view, but not helpful right now to see if things are getting worse again? If it's showing less deaths in July than other years then that doesn't mean there are no deaths due to the virus lately?

As always, it depends on what you're looking for?

It is on an overall view, but not helpful right now to see if things are getting worse again? If it's showing less deaths in July than other years then that doesn't mean there are no deaths due to the virus lately?

It depends what you're looking for, but when the statistics you're looking at have no integrity then it's irrelevant what any stats show when they have been proven to have been manipulated from day one. The only facts that can be proven is that the government were not up to the task and their incompetence has cost lives. They are now too busy trying to cover their arses on that and have probably got about 10 dead cats on the table in order to try and keep the appearance of some sort of control.

aye, i agree with this generally, but it also illustrates the problem with the fact that at a time when they want to continue resuming normal life, they have implemented changes to the death count that will reduce it.

and will also leads to such absurd situations as a person in intensive care for 29 days dying directly of corona virus not being counted.

aye, i agree with this generally, but it also illustrates the problem with the fact that at a time when they want to continue resuming normal life, they have implemented changes to the death count that will reduce it.

and will also leads to such absurd situations as a person in intensive care for 29 days dying directly of corona virus not being counted.

It might be absurd but it would also be extremely rare...

"But those patients who need to be placed on a ventilator tend to be in intensive care for 10 to 14 days, and some receiving treatment for coronavirus can be ventilated for up to three weeks."

So it's not likely to happen and certainly wouldn't be happening enough to skew the figures in any significant way. Almost all patients would either have died or recovered within 29 days.

That's got to be better than someone recovering and then falling down the stairs 2 months later?

Worth a read?

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/08/12/behind-the-headlines-counting-covid-19-deaths/

It might be absurd but it would also be extremely rare...

"But those patients who need to be placed on a ventilator tend to be in intensive care for 10 to 14 days, and some receiving treatment for coronavirus can be ventilated for up to three weeks."

So it's not likely to happen and certainly wouldn't be happening enough to skew the figures in any significant way. Almost all patients would either have died or recovered within 29 days.

how long would patients be in hospital, or have the virus, before they need to go on a ventilator, though?

it seems scotland have always been counting the numbers this way. with the 28 days. i don’t know. i’m thinking there are surely people who die of coronavirus, or complications of it, after having it for more than 28 days.

already before the end of the first section we can see that all the uk countries haven’t been following the WHO definition. “probable or confirmed”.

edit: it also says 54% of the cases the new counting policy removed from the death list had covid 19 on the death certificate.

i think i’ll just ignore all the death totals. none of them are in any way accurate.

Back
Top Bottom