What's new

Coronavirus UK Daily Statistics

how long would patients be in hospital, or have the virus, before they need to go on a ventilator, though?

it seems scotland have always been counting the numbers this way. with the 28 days. i don’t know. i’m thinking there are surely people who die of coronavirus, or complications of it, after having it for more than 28 days.

I dunno mate, I thought it was usually pretty quick in that sense... you either get it and don't know, get it and feel ill for 4 or 5 days, or get it and end up in hospital after a day or two?

... I don't know for sure though and I don't know if that is information that's collected anywhere. It's just the impression I've got from reading various different things and hearing different stuff on the news or whatever.

I dunno mate, I thought it was usually pretty quick in that sense... you either get it and don't know, get it and feel ill for 4 or 5 days, or get it and end up in hospital after a day or two?

... I don't know for sure though and I don't know if that is information that's collected anywhere. It's just the impression I've got from reading various different things and hearing different stuff on the news or whatever.

somebody i know personally (has long term health conditions, mind) has had it and has ongoing symptoms since late march. still can’t work, go out the house or really do very much for herself. it’s horrendous. there’s nothing they can do, she’s not been ill enough to be admitted to hospital but all the symptoms have just remained. this might be unusual, mind.

somebody i know personally (has long term health conditions, mind) has had it and has ongoing symptoms since late march. still can’t work, go out the house or really do very much for herself. it’s horrendous. there’s nothing they can do, she’s not been ill enough to be admitted to hospital but all the symptoms have just remained. this might be unusual, mind.

It sounds unusual.... it could be ongoing after effects, which is something nobody really knows about. Do you know if she's still testing positive for the virus? I say this in all seriousness, I don't think the PM has been the same since he had it, he looked fucked last time I saw him.

It sounds unusual.... it could be ongoing after effects, which is something nobody really knows about. Do you know if she's still testing positive for the virus? I say this in all seriousness, I don't think the PM has been the same since he had it, he looked fucked last time I saw him.

only one test in early april. you are right, bj looks a wreck, somebody else i knew got it around the start of lockdown (never got tested, no tests for plebs at that point) and was laid up for a week, lost 1.5 stone and recovered fine but hasn’t been really right since, experiencing quite severe mental health problems. we don’t really know the long term impact at all.

only one test in early april. you are right, bj looks a wreck, somebody else i knew got it around the start of lockdown (never got tested, no tests for plebs at that point) and was laid up for a week, lost 1.5 stone and recovered fine but hasn’t been really right since, experiencing quite severe mental health problems. we don’t really know the long term impact at all.

felt weird 'liking' that post but you know what I meant.

i’m thinking there are surely people who die of coronavirus, or complications of it, after having it for more than 28 days.

If you check out the last episode of more or less the radio4 statistics program. they made the case that death within 60 days of a positive test was the best measure. this figure is also a figure that is published by PHE if you wanted to track it down.

I'm not sure what to believe anymore.
That article says the first uk covid deaths were recorded in March but it's been published that the first uk covid death was a 75 year old woman in Nottingham in February.
Agreed. My suspicion is that the article was written (or at least researched} before that was confirmed? I saw it too.

Back
Top Bottom