What's new

COVID-19: UK reports 11,625 new cases and another 27 coronavirus-related deaths

Mitz

Administrator
Staff member
COVID-19: UK reports 11,625 new cases and another 27 coronavirus-related deaths

Tuesday's case numbers are the highest since 19 February - when 12,027 new infections were recorded.

The UK has reported 11,625 new COVID cases - the highest since mid-February - and 27 coronavirus-related deaths in the latest 24-hour period, according to government data.

The figures compare with 10,633 new infections and five fatalities announced on Monday.

Another 21,080 people received their first dose of a coronavirus vaccine yesterday, while 39,325 people had a second dose.

This takes the total number of first doses to 43,148,843 and the number of people who are fully-vaccinated to 31,489,240.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...nother-27-coronavirus-related-deaths-12339249

I wondered why so few vaccinations reported, but apparently there's an IT issue and no vaccinations reported for England today. Will be updated tomorrow.

22k cases in last 24 hrs. Daily cases have doubled in week.

I'm starting to realise this won't be over until theres enough immunity in the population and that's not likely to be achieved with these partially effective vaccines.

The more it's able to spread the more it will mutate and the more it mutates the more strength it will gain.

I think relying on partially effective vaccines is almost as bad as completely burying ones head in the sand.

This from one of my daughters yesterday: My friend has just tested positive for COVID after having both vaccines ??! First one in Jan and 2nd in March, how did she still get covid.

This from one of my daughters yesterday: My friend has just tested positive for COVID after having both vaccines ??! First one in Jan and 2nd in March, how did she still get covid.
Cos technically it's not a vaccine it's just like an immune booster.
A bit like an introduction to the virus so the actual meeting isn't so much of a shock.
Or that's the way i see it anyway.

Cos technically it's not a vaccine it's just like an immune booster.
A bit like an introduction to the virus so the actual meeting isn't so much of a shock.
Or that's the way i see it anyway.

Quite right, I've always said and believed the covid vaccine is not actually a vaccine.

the real world data on the pfizer vaccine has demonstrated 90% effectiveness in preventing transmission of covid. i’m not sure how people would think it’s not a real vaccine? i think it is definitely a vaccine.

vaccine
/ˈvaksiːn,ˈvaksɪn/

noun
  1. a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

I'm not convinced that something that only offers partial or a percentage of efficacy fits the definition of the term?

So it's not a chip :hmm: It's not a vaccine :hmm: It's an immune booster :hmm: It is a vaccine :hmm:
Have i missed anything ?

Back
Top Bottom