What's new

COVID-19: UK reports 11,625 new cases and another 27 coronavirus-related deaths

is it that they think the best option at this point is to allow the inevitable wave to happen in summer rather than delaying it?

And whilst the kids and students are off?

some experts seem to think it is a recipe for brewing up a vaccine resistant variant. not to wait until as many as possible are vaccinated, and just letting it rip among the younger population. the woman christina pagel from independent sage was saying this the other day on channel 4 news, for example. i might be biased towards her. an attractive yet geeky young woman, with a kind of shy confidence who seems to like to be critical of power… :)

some experts seem to think it is a recipe for brewing up a vaccine resistant variant. not to wait until as many as possible are vaccinated, and just letting it rip among the younger population. the woman christina pagel from independent sage was saying this the other day on channel 4 news, for example. i might be biased towards her. an attractive yet geeky young woman, with a kind of shy confidence who seems to like to be critical of power… :)
You're not biased Zou ............. you're drooling ................ :drool: ;)

But yep, I've heard the same. :)

@zouzounaki ............. although with so much of the world under-vaccinated, cases rising and so much travel still possible, I suspect any new variant is more likely to start elsewhere?

@zouzounaki ............. although with so much of the world under-vaccinated, cases rising and so much travel still possible, I suspect any new variant is more likely to start elsewhere?

yes i think other variants are likely to start elsewhere, but that here specifically our circumstances risk a vaccine resistant one? that seems to be what the indy sage and others are worried about.

imagine it, ffs it would be a disaster. we can only hope it doesn’t happen. :)

it seems also that the vaccines are far less effective at preventing transmission of delta variant. 64%, data from israel on most of the news websites. i’m guessing they don’t know these stats for the AZ.

Last edited:

another variant found in the deep jungle on a Sunday afternoon by a lone scientist that has hacked his way in for months will be with us just after tea 6.15pm in slough on the Monday….

Back
Top Bottom