What's new

COVID-19: UK reports 11,625 new cases and another 27 coronavirus-related deaths

Boris is to blame for the Indian variant, he wouldn't close the borders to Indian travel even though he knew about the variant.
Tories have messed up throughout the pandemic yet folks still voted for them in mass the other week. Tory voters are No better than Pimps, after all they are the ones giving Boris the chances to fuck us all.

Among the top causes of death in the UK, heart disease and circulatory disease kill 170,000 deaths a year, or about 460 people a day.
According to Cancer Research UK, there are over 164,000 cancer deaths in the UK each year, which is about 450 each day.

https://www.letsgetchecked.com/articles/top-5-causes-of-death-in-the-uk/
That's no different to saying "yeah, people dying from vaccine induced blood clots is sad but ya know x die from.... ".

There's many tragic deaths every day from many different causes but the discussion is about covid, not cancer and heart disease.

But we've only fully vaccinated about half of the population in the UK so far. :(

True. Around 80% of adults I believe, and most infections now are in the 7 to 24 year olds. Think they're about to make a determination on vaccinating 12+.

True. Around 80% of adults I believe, and most infections now are in the 7 to 24 year olds. Think they're about to make a determination on vaccinating 12+.
Not fully vaccinated - that's around 63% of adults. It's probably not mostly the 7 to 24 year olds in the death figures, I'm guessing. :(

ScreenHunter 709.png

And pubs playing the game, plus town centres.

It's crazy. Still can't quite believe we're back here quite so quickly after getting down to a couple thousand infections daily and 0 deaths. The coming months are really gonna suck for infection rates. More infections = more variants. How long before there's a variant that isn't touched by the current crop of vaccines?

Guess it doesn't matter then. Even the 120k who've died from covid. People die of famine and war every day after all.

We can not stop everybody from dying.
People dying from war and famine is particularly sad because it absolutely within our power to stop these deaths.
The only thing that stops us is the political/economic system.

We are not yet at the stage where we can stop all death from disease even if we wanted to.
I would like to think we could do more with a different system but disease will continue to kill people for a long time yet.

Within the current system saving lives from covid comes at the cost of lots of economic and related costs to the rest of society while the super rich get super richer.

If you are suggesting that we could save more lives and not put heavy economic and health burdens on the mass of the population then I would agree. Unfortunately I do not see major support for such a radical change in the system.

In the rich privileged countries like ours, the truth is we are approaching the end game. We are getting the deaths down to levels where people want to get back to normal life.

Back
Top Bottom