What's new

Covid and the Flu?

Tazz

Legend
Hi apes.
I had Covid several months ago. I with it had my taste turned upside down kind of. Things like toast tasted like a mouth full of salt, coffee I struggled to smell and taste, and well i couldn't even smell anything.....errrr....pooping! :18:
That one was ok.:18:
Then it all came back.
But recently I had the flu. It was a bad one that hit us here in Oz.
But it has now made one of the covid things come back. I struggle to smell things. I dont get the salt thing thankfully, but i struggle to smell things. Taste is ok but my smelling stuffed up again.
They say smell and taste go together. But I taste ok, its smelling things that are hugely muted.
Anyone else with this?

Well that sucks, sorry to hear that mate. Not had that personally, I had Covid almost a year ago though and have been struggling since then with long Covid. Aside from feeling like crap, headaches, things hurting for no reason etc I've noticed whenever I catch anything else I get way more ill and my covid type symptoms come back afterwards, so possibly similar?

Hi apes.
I had Covid several months ago. I with it had my taste turned upside down kind of. Things like toast tasted like a mouth full of salt, coffee I struggled to smell and taste, and well i couldn't even smell anything.....errrr....pooping! :18:
That one was ok.:18:
Then it all came back.
But recently I had the flu. It was a bad one that hit us here in Oz.
But it has now made one of the covid things come back. I struggle to smell things. I dont get the salt thing thankfully, but i struggle to smell things. Taste is ok but my smelling stuffed up again.
They say smell and taste go together. But I taste ok, its smelling things that are hugely muted.
Anyone else with this?

Sorry to hear about this mate. I've not experienced a covid/ flu combo. Sounds awful.

Sorry to hear about this mate. I've not experienced a covid/ flu combo. Sounds awful.
Hi, not both together. Months after the covid symptoms went away all returned. During covid I lost my smell with lots of things. First thing ever that did that to me.
But it finally returned.
Recently though got a bad flu, ok now but my smelling problems returned that covid made happen. Weeks on from the flu but still messed up. My misses had the same flu, for her it made her taste of things change like covid did to her.
Odd stuff.

Back
Top Bottom