What's new

Loss of smell and taste, how long?

Count yourself lucky, this is covid-lite, I got the original strain back in 2020 and haven't walked since...

Sorry to hear mate. No words could convey how sad that is to hear that happened to you.

@andipandi and others.
This covid has destroyed my smell and taste. Im vaping for the first time yesterday and today in over a week without coughing. Im on my big citrus vape, i can't hardly taste it. All im getting is a slight bitter taste, very slight. Eat toast all I taste is salt, ate some of our country towns home made beef sausages last night, nothing. Just tried a beer, nothing just feel the bubbles. Coffee, virtually nothing, had oven fries for lunch, nothing. I cant even smell anything if I have a crap for crying out loud! That might be the only plus so far! Are you guys getting anything back? How long did it take if you did? Im still as sick but may just be a bit better today. From 100% wrecked, today maybe im 80%.
Still feel like a train wreck though.
All I want back is vape, beer, chips, chocolate and sausages....oh and to be able to know if im smelly or not!

@andipandi I cant even smell anything if I have a crap for crying out loud! That might be the only plus so far! Are you guys getting anything back? How long did it take if you did?

About 10 months, still have probs, esp. with sweetness, affects everything - food, beer and vaping. I'm used to it and accept it, otherwise it would drive me mad. It's not just loss of taste and smell, it's also altered taste and smell. Omicron OG was not so bad for taste and smell, but the BA.5 variant which is the dominant strain from around August 2022 onwards people report more severe taste and smell issues.

No point fighting it mate, you'll just get more stressed and pissed off, plus it's still early days. I measured progress in months, not days or weeks, that was with delta though, in most cases Omicron is less savage, certainly long term.

About 10 months, still have probs, esp. with sweetness, affects everything - food, beer and vaping. I'm used to it and accept it, otherwise it would drive me mad. It's not just loss of taste and smell, it's also altered taste and smell. Omicron OG was not so bad for taste and smell, but the BA.5 variant which is the dominant strain from around August 2022 onwards people report more severe taste and smell issues.

No point fighting it mate, you'll just get more stressed and pissed off, plus it's still early days. I measured progress in months, not days or weeks, that was with delta though, in most cases Omicron is less savage, certainly long term.
This morning I had baked beans on toast, they tasted like lolliies, sweet! Yeah, some things no taste and others gone from salty to sweet. Visa versa! I still feel like garbage and have to push to do things. What a dog of a virus!
Cheers mate.

Back
Top Bottom